The devil or me | Teen Ink

The devil or me

March 26, 2010
By hershy23 BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan
hershy23 BRONZE, Dearborn, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever felt as if you didn’t belong or felt unwanted? Have you ever felt as if you destroyed a loved one’s active life? Well I have and I’m going to tell you all about it but you have to promise not to make the same mistake I did and to learn from my mistake. So stay tuned and get ready for one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made.



It all started when my family took a trip to Lebanon to see my sick grandpa who at the time just found out he had cancer. Are first night was amazing staying up, eating, and playing games. Everything was going perfect until the devil decided to enter my mind and go play next to the cars. While we were playing next to the car I got a little flirty with one of the girls there and I thought I was a genius with cars. So I hopped in and started playing with the radio and somehow every movement I made got me closer to the transmission lever.



After that for some reason I figured hey I can drive this thing but trust me I can’t. As I switched the transmission from P to R the car started moving and the only thing I could see was a huge hill behind me. As the car was moving I started to think of how people would be with me until my dad jumped from the window of the car and half of his body was in and half was out and he pressed the brake but we still went down the hill tumbling and praying for survival. M dad put a seatbelt over me so I was secure but for my dad it was the decision of GOD whether or not he was going to survive. I felt as if my life flashed and the next thing I know is my dad and i are in a hospital and he’s demolished from head to toe but I look cleaner than a mirror.



As his bed passed by me I felt as if my heart tore up inside and it disintegrated into ashes of crimson blood. But if you think the accident was the hard part wait till you here about sitting in the waiting room with your whole family who wants to tear you apart.



I stayed quite while sitting their hopelessly praying that he would come out in one piece but every time I look up to see my mom and sisters crying I would want to stick a dagger threw my heart and lay next to him in a bed full of blood. After many moments of silence my mom decided to talk to me and she spoke very slowly as if she thought I was slow. She asked me why I did it and I had the answer in my head but my mouth was still in a frozen point. So after she waited for a answer she walked away crying and I started to pour out like a facet. After a few hours we got to see my dad and he was lying their as if he was run over by a herd of trucks. I sat in the corner alone so that I couldn’t cause any more trouble but he called me up and gave me a hug and told me that everything is going to be okay.



Since that dad I have felt as if I put my dad into a physical disability because he used to be so active and now moving to him is like climbing a mountain. This is a turning point in my life because I now understand that you can’t let your emotions play with your head and let them get the better of you.


The author's comments:
this part of my life was very tough on me and i beilev that many people make mistakes and that to this day i still have to deal with my dad being very unactive.