Who will You be Today? | Teen Ink

Who will You be Today?

March 21, 2010
By traveller BRONZE, Chengdu, Sichuan, Other
traveller BRONZE, Chengdu, Sichuan, Other
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

It is easy to put a mask on each morning. Who will I be today? The mirror screams that perfection comes as number one on the list of importance. Will people accept this face or that one? This personality or do you have to change completely? Or will another day of rejection replay its familiar scene as I step out of another day with the same tears? Is who you are for you… or for a world with small acceptance?
Will you just crash again or will you soar with success of your fakeness and pretending to be someone you are not? Does your face change all the time by which people you are with? Do you play different roles as you switch between lives of others? Do you say stuff you regret because you knew if you did not you would end up being criticized or looked down on? Well, the mirror lies. Do not altar your life according to what some say you have to be. Who you will be today, well that’s your choice.

The author's comments:
I had a hard time deciding which category this fell under. I guess if there was a category "Life" it would most likely be under that, but since there was no "Life" choice, i decided to choose "Hot topics" and i hope that was ok. I think this piece is about self esteems, the constant struggle and wondering if you are is enough? The whole war of acceptance and rejection in the everyday life.