Who will You be Today?

It is easy to put a mask on each morning. Who will I be today? The mirror screams that perfection comes as number one on the list of importance. Will people accept this face or that one? This personality or do you have to change completely? Or will another day of rejection replay its familiar scene as I step out of another day with the same tears? Is who you are for you… or for a world with small acceptance?
Will you just crash again or will you soar with success of your fakeness and pretending to be someone you are not? Does your face change all the time by which people you are with? Do you play different roles as you switch between lives of others? Do you say stuff you regret because you knew if you did not you would end up being criticized or looked down on? Well, the mirror lies. Do not altar your life according to what some say you have to be. Who you will be today, well that’s your choice.

auntie said...
You did a great job describing the emotional ups and downs of adolescense, especially relating to appearance.  Using the mirror as the guide seems appropriate.