Waiting... | Teen Ink

Waiting...

April 9, 2016
By poeticjustice1211 BRONZE, Markham, Other
poeticjustice1211 BRONZE, Markham, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For me, May seemed to be the coldest month of them all. May 13th 2014 to be exact, the day she left. Looking back at that day chills me to the bone. For almost two years after, I went by that bridge every damn day… waiting… hoping that the news wasn’t true, and that she’d show up. Every time I closed my eyes at night, I saw her. That brunette hair with gold highlights, and that piercing smile; it took almost ten years since that midsummer night to get over her.

The crisp winter air brushed against my soft skin, and the empty sound of nothingness symbolized the end of another week. The city was cold this time of year.   I decided the best way to calm down would be to take a stroll down the street. As I walked,  the sound of the snow gently blowing along the frozen street soothed me. The nightmares, fatigue, and anxiety still lived inside me, she still never left me…

Hardly ten minutes into my walk, I heard a loud noise.  I turned around to investigate the whereabouts of the sound, and in an instant I saw a silhouette flash by me. I started to become panicky, the anxiety was kicking in… As I turned around once more I saw her…

“I AM THE MURDERER” she said with a grotesque smile, she trembled while saying this. I was frozen in place… My body wanted to get out of there as fast as possible, but my mind was paralyzed in terror of what I saw…

There was something about that grotesque smile, it was almost … piercing…

As I turned around to run I felt the knife go into my back,  I fell to my knees and she slowly moved in front of me…

It had been ten years since I saw her throw that body over the bridge on old finch ave.

Five years since the police had stopped searching for her.

My knees gave out, lying flat on my back in the middle of the street my body started to numb. she crouched down next to me and let out a psychotic laugh. My mother’s brunette hair was still as beautiful as before.