Trapped In Torment | Teen Ink

Trapped In Torment

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

Jack Daily stepped up to the elevator and pushed the button to go up. His Zune was blasting the tunes from The Black Dahlia Murder. The door opened and inside the elevator was a bald man with pointed ears and red eyes, and a guy wearing nothing but black standing in the corner.

“Hello,” said Jack in a cheery voice.

“Welcome young man,” said the man with the pointed ears. “My name is Dracula.” He smile, pointed teeth finding the seam of his slightly parted lips.

The man in the corner just grunted. Jack stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to go to the fifth floor. The man in the corner was mumbling incoherent things, and Dracula was looking at jack with something akin to hunger.

All of a sudden the man in the corner said, “You are forever haunted by the beast.”

Jack looked at him in confusion, because it was such a random thing to say, but Dracula glared at the man.

“Shut up, you crazy Norwegian,” said Dracula.

“What did you mean by that?” asked Jack.

“My name is Destructhor and you are in sight of a vampire,” said the man.

“What do you mean?” Jack asked again. Destructhor shifted his head in the direction of Dracula, but said no more. Jack looked at the old man, and noticed that he was seething.

“You might want to watch your back,” Jack said to Destructhor.

“He can’t harm me,” Destructhor laughed.

“Why not?” asked Jack.

“Because he is my little puppet,” Destructhor said with a grin. “I can keep him from hurting me but I can’t stop him from hurting you.”

“I am not your puppet,” said Dracula.

Then all of a sudden, the door opened on the fifth floor, and Jack bolted out of the elevator, briefly saying farewell to Destructhor.