The Legend of the Arbor Forest | Teen Ink

The Legend of the Arbor Forest

By NicolasA BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
NicolasA BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida

Chapter 1
Back in suburban Virginia, in a small town, there was a small neighborhood called Glen Springs. It had one very long road, that was winding, bumpy road and had several streets branching off from it. The road was full of divots and potholes that can make your car feel as though you were on a roller coaster. The roads that branched off we full of houses, new and old, families new and old. It was a quiet neighborhood, and was a good distance from the humdrum buzz of the nearby city of Richmond. Behind the neighborhood, was the dark Arbor Forest. No builder ever even speculated the land to see if it was good to build on, they all were too scared. They were scared of the mysterious happenings that occurred in that think brush of the forest. Murders, kidnappings and plane crashes and various accidents all in that forest of mystery and quiet terror. No one, who has common sense, goes in there, for the fear of not returning.

There  was once a boy who did go into the forest. His name was Steven. Steven was a Junior at the high school of the town, R. K. Townsend High. In order for him to embark on his journey, he needed friends to accompany him.

"Why not Kev," questioned Steven. "Because man, weird stuff has gone down in there, and I'm not about to be another kid gone missing," exclaimed Kevin Marcus. "It'll be fine," probed Steven. Kevin sat down and contemplated the idea. "Come on what's the worst that could happen," asked Steven. Kevin said,"alright, I'll go." And to top it all off, Steven got his best friend Rachel to go with them.

Chapter 2
Steven began to acquire items for his short journey into the ominous forest. He went to the hardware store and got a machete, some rope, tarps, canteens, matches, and axe, and a backpack. Steven walked home, and hid his tools and equipment in the backpack, outside. At the early time of 5 am, Steven left a note for his parents, and headed to the forest tree line. He met Kevin and Rachel and walked into the forest, not knowing what evil was in store for him.

Chapter 3
Once the sunlight had become hidden, by the vast limbs and branches that topped the tall Arbor Forest. They joked and played all over the fallen trees and small holes that panned the forest. Soon, once the sun began to fade under the tree line, Steven figured it was time to set for camp. He put down his backpack and opened it up. He then realized that his axe, machete and matches were gone. He began to panic. "Kevin, did you take my stuff," questioned Steven. "Nah dude, I wouldn't do that," responded Kevin. "It must have fallen out while we were walking," assumed Steven. He began to retake his steps while Rachel and Kevin sat in partial darkness. Then, suddenly, there was a scream of horror. Rachel sprang up and ran towards where she heard the scream. It came again, a scream of pure agony and terror. Rachel pushed off the ground harder and harder with each step. Rachel stopped in her tracks, she came upon Stevens backpack. She looked all around and shouted his name, trying to find him. Something hit her in the face. She peered up and say Steven hanging from tree branches about 30 feet in the air, with a cut on his arm. She gasped. She heard another scream from the direction she just ran. She knew it was Kevin. She raced over and saw the same thing with Kevin. He was hanging in he air, with a cut on his air. She peered up and felt a breath on her neck. She cried in nervous terror. She screamed with all of her might, praying somebody would hear her, but just as quickly as she screamed, it all stopped.

I had this idea for a while, and felt like sharing.