Dear Diary | Teen Ink

Dear Diary

By Bored_Unicorns GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas
Bored_Unicorns GOLD, Paragould, Arkansas

If you love something, let it go: If it comes back it's your's; If it doesn't it never was

Twenty-First of May, 1897
          Dear Diary,
                I can't stop thinking about that Marvel girl who saved my life.  I decided to ask my dad about her.  She was a stranger who saved my life so I'm going to keep asking about her until I find out about her.  She's mysterious and cool.  The monster in the woods was very rare.  I believe it is called a Raudon which is a creature that takes someone's soul and saves them for "Missions."  They come in different looks and sizes.  In the whole world there has only been five ever seen!  The library holds so much information!  I'm planning on going again to figure out about...

Renee saw papers spread out on walls in the room she woke up in.  She tried to get up to move but couldn't because she was tied to a post.  The house looked old and rotten.  Where am I? Renee thought to herself.  She looked around, but all she could see were diary entries spread around the walls.
        Dear Diary,
                Today I went back to the  woods...
        Dear Diary,
                I think I saw a  Raudon today, but I can't be sure...
        Dear Diary,
                There was something hidden inside...

Renee had no idea what any of these things meant.  She had no idea why there were papers everywhere, or where she was for that matter.
        She thrashed around to try and get the ropes off her wrist, but it didn't work.  She heard the door open and then a soft familiar voice, "I'm back.  I do know that you are awake by the way so don't try and act like you are not."
        "Who are you?  What do you want?"  Renee asked the sweet voice.  Little, small steps walked closer and closer until they stood in front of her.  It was just a little girl.  Her name is Aurora Ententea.
        "You don't remember me?  Well, that makes me sad,"  Aurora said as she looked at Renee with a pout on her sweet little face.  She turned around and grabbed something out of the bag she had brought in earlier.  Renee couldn't see but little pieces of whatever Aurora had pulled out.  She could only see metal and some kind of black fabric.  It looked old and worn down, well, the fabric anyways.  The metal stuff looked new and polished.  Aurora turned around with the object.  Even looking at it, Renee had no clue what it was.  It was a type of metallic looking metal with a sparkling black fabric that seemed to glitter on its own.
        "This is called a Rauffin.  It kills Raudons.  They're monsters basically and as the world grew up I figured that people stopped believing in those silly little creatures.  See, in the 1800's, people believed in the paranormal because they were smarter.  I've killed one Raudon, but it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my one hundred twenty-four years.  But the thing is, I thought I had lived the longest out of anybody else because Marvel had supposedly died in a war.  Then I found out that she dies and then she is born again and lives a life until she dies again, which is usually pretty young in her life."
        What was Aurora talking about?  No one can live for as long as she has and still look seven years of age.  It's hard for really healthy people to live that long.  No one can die over and over again like she's explaining Marvel does.  I wonder if this little girl knew Marvel Grey.  Not many people have that name-Marvel, Renee thought to herself.
        "Then I saw a story that she had a friend-sister is more like it-that did the exact same thing.  Her name was Renee Hale.  Sound familiar?  It should.  I mean it is your name.  Right?"  she looked at Renee.  Renee stayed silent then Aurora smiled and kept going, "Right.  So you want to explain to me how exactly that works?  Oh wait, you can't remember.  You can't remember every life, every death, every slow, painful, bloody death you've ever had.  You, nor Marvel, can remember any of it.  It's funny really.  You can't remember losing your whole family or all of your friends and I can.  But you know what?  I get used to it."
        Aurora left the room, leaving just Renee in there, still tied to the post.  Then the ropes just broke.  Renee wasn't even trying anymore, but all the sudden they just broke.  She didn't know if she should stand.  It felt too easy.  Get up.  Renee heard someone in her head.  Was she going crazy?  You are not going crazy.  Get up.  Renee still just sat there.  Get up!  Now!  Renee started to slowly stand to her feet.  Good.  Now go to the door.  The one to the left of you.  She turned to the left like the Voice said and walked towards it.  Then Renee stood there, not sure what to do.  Do you really need me to tell you how to turn a knob on a door?  The Voice said in a sarcastic tone.  Renee turned the knob and saw the sun, brighter than it had ever been before.  She stepped outside and ran.