The 33 Shotgun | Teen Ink

The 33 Shotgun

November 14, 2014
By Samuel Mahoney BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
Samuel Mahoney BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a dark, stormy night as they heard the creek of the floor as they walked through the abandoned office.
“What are we doing here Jack? Why did we have to come to this horrid place?” said Taylor.
“Hey you guys agreed to come with me to find out who killed my dad.” said Jack.
“I guess your right but why didn’t you tell us that we were going to have to break and enter into places and break the law on top of that.” said Jared
“Hey we all agreed to come so lets just do this and get it over with and find out who killed your dad, ok.” said Carole.
“Ok.” as Jack, Jared, and Taylor said in unison.
Cautiously, they walked through the abandoned office, and then all of the sudden they heard something. Then out of nowhere a tall dark figure jumped out and, “BANG”, the sound of a 33 shotgun fired. Then all four of the children fell to the floor simultaneously.
As he was taking off his mask he said something. “I’m sorry son. I couldn’t afford you to find out why I’m still alive and why I faked my death.” said the father of Jack. He walked away slowly, refilling his 33 shotgun, and then putting his mask back on. Then as he walked out of the building his was lighting a match as he lit he cigarette then through it at the bodies to burn the building down and to hide all of his evidence that he was here and not just an accident. 
 


The author's comments:

I love mystery books with big plot twist and cliff hangers.