The Rake | Teen Ink

The Rake

By XGroundxXxZER0X BRONZE, Watauga, Texas
XGroundxXxZER0X BRONZE, Watauga, Texas

Every Laugh is a small revolution

Date: November 6, 2012
I live alone but still I wake up every morning with a feeling of anxiousness. As though I am being watched and a odd mumbling and feeling in my head like a voice was forcing its way into my mind. This continued on for months, never ending and this presence I could always feel every time i awoke. As though my mind is a open book to this sigmatic being. Whenever I wake in the middle of the night, I wonder if I should look around and see if there is anything in the house besides me. Though whenever that thought enters my head, I choose what seems to be the better choice and stay in bed.

Date: November 27, 2012
I’m having nightmares every night now. They were slow and progressive and could be mistaken as a bad memory or just an active imagination gone ary. But….. i’m not so sure about that anymore. I really don’t remember a lot from the dreams, just that there is blood, pain, exasperation, and a need and will to live. But also an oddly large amount of blood. No one human or animal could possibly have produced this much cruor. It’s just unfathomable. But at the end of every illusion is a white blur with a shine coming off of its distorted body.

Date: December 4, 2012
I don’t even know why I bother to write in this diary anymore. All it does is raise my paranoia, in a way I’m surrendering to this entity and verifying its existence and that I am, in fact, afraid of it.

Date: December 16, 2012
Everyone I have told has said that I should see a doctor and that I should take time off from work cause I’m too stressed. Who ever reads this, know I am not crazy. I am being stalked and hunted and I will die. It begins with the anxiousness and stress build up, meant to block of society, trust, love, toleration and sanity. Then a voice in order to enhance the anxiousness, after that is the nightmares, to use your weak states of mind and create the paranoia. With the continuation of these fantasies your insanity starts to rise. The crazier you get and feel the clearer the white blur becomes. I see it crystal clear now.

Date: January 1, 2013
I have seen it !!! Every detail of its body is burned into my mind, everytime I close my eyes i see it just eating and sucking on a bloody carcass then it looks up at me. But this time it wasn’t in a dream. It is fairly tall, almost 7 feet i’d say although it can’t stand. Or so it seems, i’ve just never seen it stand, it only scurries. It has ashen skin, in such a shade it looks as though it is soot. Its mouth, showing its teeth in a jagged formation in a terrifying angle instilling fear into my very existence. My mind turned to liquid, everything that would say this thing can not in anyway exist, died. His eye, well there were none just deep sunken black holes. But I could feel them piercing my body with this insane, hungry look along with its impossible presence, I could feel its hysteria seeping into my body as though I was in a shower of lunacy or madness.

Date:
I know longer know or care about what day or year it is. I have not left my room in what feels like an eternity. I can not remember when I last ate or showered or really anything for that matter. I can not even remember the comfort of a mother or the safety of a father it’s all gone. The only memories I am certain I have is all of the times i’ve seen that...that thing, this creature that has been following me for over a year or so now i’d say. Not that it matters, no one even knows it exists. All of humanity is oblivious to the living of this being. I am also recalling a memory of one other thing, something other than “it”.

Date:
I know what that other memory was now!!! I was hunting with a girl, I think it was, and we had stayed too long and it would be dark soon and wondering around at night is dangerous, thats just common sense. Once we had gotten settled and inside our tent, she had heard a strange noise and asked if I would check it out. At first I told her that we are in the woods at night there are bound to be some strange and scary sounds, bears, rats, birds, the sort you know? But to ease her nerves, and so she’d stop bothering me so I could rest a little before dawn I conceded and went out to check. I don’t know exactly how far I went but after a little while I’d seen an antler, I figured it was dead by how it was laying and I’d shot a deer earlier that day but it didn’t die there and I never found the body. I got closer to it but trying to be quiet in case it was alive or a bear was nearby. But as I neared it I hear a kind of slurping noise, which is uncommon except to humans. As I neared it I saw a bush and hid behind it and when I parted the branches I saw the thing and it looked at me and just as it did, it also turned towards me and I last remember just turning and running for my life.

Date:
My fear is gone. The voice is calm inside my head and it is calling me outside. I know I will eventually die, and more likely sooner than later. I accept it and the wait is more terrifying than the act. I am in peace now, and I will walk with what little pride I have left and march into the valley of death...never to return.

I got my inspiration for the creepypasta story the rake. Shout out to the youtube channel Mr.CreepyPasta for whom most of my ideas came from.

PirateCountry DIAMOND, Muncie, Indiana

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

This was really scary! I kept looking over my shoulder while reading it XD I like the way you divided it up into journal entries from the character's point of view. It's very creative. Nice job!