The Dream World | Teen Ink

The Dream World

By Ravenfeather_ GOLD, Aroda, Virginia
Ravenfeather_ GOLD, Aroda, Virginia

"In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit." -J.R.R. Tolkien

Breanna tossed and turned all night long. She was never able to keep one position. Every dew minutes she moved again. This was because of her dream.

**** (Her dream)

She was running. I don't know who she is but she ran and I know she won't stop. This girl rushed past me earlier. I was walking through the woods, just walking. Not going anywhere in particular, then she's in front of me in a matter of seconds. I watched her for a secnd, then I quickly picked up my speed and chased after her. I called "wait" a few times, sometimes unknowingly. She was so fast, I had to struggle to keep up. I called "wait" a couple more times. We were running throiugh puddles and thorns, my arms and legs were covered in scaratches. We came close to the edge of a road.

I heard a car coming, so I screamed "stop". The girl didn't stop. She ran right in front of the car. As the car hit her she disperse into a shimmery dust, then dissapeared.

After that the ground dissapeared, everything did. I was surrounded by black and I was falling. I was falling fast and I was screaming, only I wasn't. The screams were silent. I fell faster and faster, and my screams began to get louder.

I finally hit the black ground. I felt the pain, but it was gone immediately. But something was wrong. I wasn't breathing, I couldn't breathe.

I began to panic. I tried so hard to breathe, but I just couldn't. I tried and tried. Sucking in air hard and hard. FInally, I breather in as deeply as I could, and I was breathing again. I sat up and started breathing steadily. Someone was screaming my name. It was "Bre, Bre" over and over. That ground started shaking. I didn't know what was happening.

Then I wake up to see Taylor.

"Bre, Miranda got hit by a car!" She shouted. I gasp and recall my dream.