Souds in the Night | Teen Ink

Souds in the Night

March 22, 2013
By NinjaMasterFuji BRONZE, Evart, Michigan
NinjaMasterFuji BRONZE, Evart, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein


The sound was getting louder and louder; it made me quiver in fear. I felt a slight breeze as I heard the door open. Behind me foot steps crawled up my back making the hair on my neck stand straight. My whole body told me to turn around, but my face was afraid of what it might see. As my foot stepped to turn around my fingers twitched with fear/ excitement. As I got all the way around to see, he was masked. Whoever was behind it really did not want anyone to see who he was. He looked at me as I stared into its eyes trying to see if maybe I might tell who it is. It turned before I could tell, and ran out. I exhaled like I’d been holding my breath for a year. My body felt tense and tight clenching wasn’t helping.
I walked out of the room looking for it again. I walked into a giant room that made me feel at home for some odd reason. There was a huge bed that sat in the center of the room with a light blue canapé hanging over it. The sheets were dark blues with light baby blue liner, the blanket on top was knitted with various blues and whites. There was a dresser that sat to the side with a huge mirror on it and there were letters written on it spelling out “S O M E D A Y”. Someday? “Why would it say someday?” I thought to my self. “I don’t know,” I said aloud. But in the opposite corner of the room there was a dark blue chair with light blue flowers on it; there were straps on the arms of the chairs that made me shake with scared excitement to know what had gone on. Something about this room, this house, was so intriguing to me. I was scared at what may have happened there but excited to know. I ran my fingers along the leathery straps. There were stains of what looked like blood, from pulling to get away possibly? My whole body was in a panic of how I could get out quickly.
My sudden excitement from what happened here turned into dread! Sights of struggling and blood flashed through my head. I was terrified that my life was at stake. I ran out of the room the opposite way I came. I entered a vacant hallway with old pictures of women with straight smiles, eyes fixed on the painter, their hair tied tight to their head in buns, their pail faces saying something undefined, their bodies trapped in the frames of hand crafted wood. I heard a noise in front of me a whimper? No! A cry for help. There was someone else in the house besides me and it wasn’t who I saw earlier!
I walked closer to where I had heard the noise. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach that made me want to hurl. It made me want to turn around and walk the other way, but if someone was in danger and I left them would that make me a murderer? If they were in danger, so was I so I, continued to walk. The closer I got the more the feeling grew. When I got to the door, I knocked. “why did you do that dummy? No ones going to answer,” I thought to myself. I was wrong. A faint “hello” sounded from the room. My heart fell from my chest. “Hello” I heard again just a little louder. I twisted the handle, not prepared for what I was going to see. An old lady looking about 70 or 80 laid on a bed with a red and gold heavy looking blanket over her. There was a pillow that sat at her neck and two under her back; she was sat in a propped sitting position. “Hello” she said again “You must be Elizabeth?” she said. “No, no Im not.” I said confused. She seemed lost for a moment then started again “Well if your not Elizabeth then who are ya?” She howled.


The author's comments:
I Love thrillers an thats what inspiered my to write this. Sorry about puntuation and spelling im not very good with either. id love to have feed back on what you think about this piece.