The Last Breath | Teen Ink

The Last Breath

By JordyRaye15 BRONZE, Buckhannon, West Virginia
JordyRaye15 BRONZE, Buckhannon, West Virginia

"Live not by how many moments you breathe, but the moments that take your breath away."

“Help!” she called as the breaths faded away from her body. That was the last time I would see her.

Earlier that day Heather and I were watching movies and cuddling on the couch. I proposed to her that morning and she said yes. We were finally going to be husband and wife after three years. This was the happiest day of our lives. I have been in love with her ever since we met in college. She is the most beautiful girl in the world, and she ended up with a dork like me. I never really understood why she saw me the way she did. We have been living together for about a year, and everyday was spent together. Nothing could separate us.

As we were watching movies she glanced down at her ring and smiled. Her smile is what I love most about her. She stood up to apprehend some chips and ruffled my hair. The seconds went by way too slow, and finally my beautiful fiancée returned to me. I affixed the chips on the table along with the drink and she furnished me an askew look. I captured her by the waist and pulled her down to me and kissed her so passionately. In return she kissed me back with the same passion. I proceeded to pull her on top of me, exploring her body. I moved from her luscious lips, down her jaw, and to her smooth neck. She tugged on my shirt, right then the doorbell rang.

“Ignore it babe!” I said in a husky voice. I did not want this to end.

“Jake, it could be my parents, I called and told them about our engagement.” she giggled and jumped up to answer the door. I watched her walk, she moved so gracefully. I slid off my shirt preparing for what was going to happen.

“JAKE!” she screamed as a lamp crashed to the floor. I bolted up and sprinted to the door.

“Heather. No!” I ran to her, but it was too late.

When I was finally conscious it felt like hours or even days had past. The room was pitch black, and I could not see. I was petrified and I thought about Heather. I pined to know where she was. I heard a noise behind me, and I tried to stand, but I was rope bound. A bright light blinded me for a few minutes. When my vision was clear, I spotted Heather. She was crying and I had to help her. I was helpless, and I aspired to move, but I collapsed. I looked up and I saw two faces. One was chubby and the other was long and narrow. Both men surrounded Heather, I knew what they conspired to do next.

The Cubby one turned to me and snickered. “Well mister man, you know what is going to happen to both of you, but for this part we need privacy.” The cubby man casted me into another room. Where I was bound, and could not aid my dear Heather.

A few minutes later, I heard screaming. I rocked to a hole in the wall and peered through. I gazed at the two men. Heather was screaming and the two men were laughing, enjoying ever minute of their sick game. I knew what they were doing to her, and I tried to escape. She glanced over and saw me. Her eyes called for help, but held the love for me inside them. I had to help her, I needed to get to her. I scanned around for something, anything to free me. I found a sharp edge, and rubbed the rope around my hands on it. Soon, the rope separated and I united my feet. I attacked the door to the room Heather was in, but it was too late.

“Help!” she called as I rushed to her side and the breaths faded away from her body. I sobbed uncontrollably. The two men were gone and left Heather and I to die. I had no way to save her. I settled and kissed her countless times as I adhered her in my arms until she accepted her last breath.

I was in class and this just idealized in my head.