THe Unknown Figure | Teen Ink

THe Unknown Figure

Sitting in my bedroom listening to todays top hits I hear a sudden crash.I sprung out of bed and ran down stairs.I see me elderly old grandpa standing over a rug. It was like any other rug except for some reason grandpa was holding a chair over it.He had a scared worried look on his face.He swung the chair again but still missed. My fingers were shaking,but I flipped the old dusty rug over. Then we saw it, it was a hideous black fuzzy spider. I screamed with all my might. My grandpa's grey wig flew off of his head when he took a huge swing. The spider scrambled under the table so I kicked it down.The glass white lamp bursted into tiny little pieces. My granpa took the another swing he smashed it with all of his might. A little bit of blood splattered like it was paint.I grabbed him gloves and he picked up the smashed spider and placed it in the garbage. He walked outside with the garbage and never came back. A few years later Im living with my foster parents and delighted as ever. Sometimes when going to a grocery store or a restraunt I hear people's gossip about my grandpa. Some people say the spider came back to life and ate him because polcie never found his body. Others say he tried to drown the spider down the river and went down with it.

Jstone said...

I think that your grandpa is losing it!! But i do like the article. I hope its get published.