Part Two | Teen Ink

Part Two

May 24, 2010
By vicky.loves.to.write. BRONZE, Longmont, Colorado
vicky.loves.to.write. BRONZE, Longmont, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
idk i have lots


“What do you mean, you’re me?” I asked.

“Well, you’re in your own mirror. Of course I am you. . . . Well, I am really the opposite of you. I just have your body.”

“Okay and how exactly are you opposite of me?”

“Well, let’s just say, since you are nice, I am not. . . .”

“Why am I even here? This must be a nightmare!” My fingers were now searching the walls for a light switch. Finally I found one. When I flickered on, it was very dim. I could hardly make out the shapes of the strange things around me. There was a bed, I could tell that. And, well that was about it. The only thing else I could see was a window. A window? That’s strange. It was dark in the room. Wow, I must’ve been out cold for a while. I slowly walked to the window, and looked out. What I saw made me feel like this really was a dream. A very vivid, very real dream. What was out the window was my bedroom. Someone was sitting on the bed. Mom. Her head was in her hands. She was shaking. Crying! Mom was crying!

I pounded on the window to my room. “Mom! Mom, I’m right here! Mom!”

“Oh, she can’t hear you, Krista. There’s absolutely nothing you can do about it.”

My eyes filled with tears. They rolled down my face and my hands formed into fists. I came at the other Krista screaming, “What did you do, you monster?! Get me out of here! NOW!”

“Oh, I am sorry. I can’t do that.”

“Why? Why not?!”

Krista grabbed my left hand, and squeezed it hard. “You have to figure out how to get out of here yourself. I can only answer your questions.”

My fist was on fire now. The fire was spreading down my arm. I spoke through my teeth now, “Okay, then here’s my question: how do I get out?!”

She let go of me. “Oh except that question. That I can’t answer. You’re on your own there.”

I screamed and got off the floor. I looked around for a bat, a hammer, something. I needed out. Finally I found a small rock in the corner. I picked it up and aimed for the window.

“No! don’t do that!” Krista shouted.

“Why not?”

“If you break the mirror, we all die!”


The author's comments:
well, here you go! Part two! enjoy!