Jody's Next Victim

“Don't worry she will be just fine Mrs. Tifiel. Me and Mary will have lots of fun.” I gave her one more big smile and closed the door in her face.

I turned around and find the little girl Mary without a smile on her face.

“Mary, what's wrong? Are you okay?” I asked a little worriedly.

“I remember this house. My old babysitter lived here. I hope Jody is still here.”

I still did not understand, but I decided it was probably a story she had made up to keep herself from getting nervous. Having a new babysitter and all.

“How about we play Go Fish?”

“That sounds fun. Can Jody play? She is still here. I knew she would be.”

What is this kid talking about? “I don't think so. I haven't even met her yet. Maybe next time.”

Mary paused for a minute before answering. “Jody says you've made her mad. I'd be careful if I were you. This is how my last babysitter lost her job.”

Now I was really starting to panic. This little girl sounded like she was serious. But again I decided to try and brush it off.

“I'll be right back Mary, I just need to get the deck of cards from upstairs.”

I left her and as I was climbing the stairs I realized how rickety the stairs were and I felt like I was going to fall. I didn't. I got to the playroom door and It wouldn't open. This puzzled me. This door did not have a lock on the outside or inside. I pushed several times and it still wouldn't budge. I stepped back to look at it and it just silently and slowly opened by itself.

This made me think about the girl Mary had called Jody. I still wanted to believe it was just her imagination, but it was becoming harder.

I stepped in the room and it was chillingly cold. I rubbed my arms for warmth and felt goose bumps. I really wanted to get out of there, but I knew it would disappoint Mary If I didn't come back with the cards.

I walked over to the bureau and opened a drawer. I couldn't find the cards so I tried the next one down. It wasn't in there either. I tried to open the third and last drawer, but it wouldn't open just like the door.

I decided to step back and just look at it like I did to the door, but nothing happened. I tried pulling on it again and the knob broke off. Now it was really stuck.

I stood up and started to walk out of the room when I heard a sound like scraping wood. Turning around afraid of what I might see, I faced the direction of the bureau. I was shelled shocked. The drawer had opened.

I slowly walk towards the open drawer and peer in. There I see the deck of cards next to a blood stained butchers knife. That's when I knew that I had become Jody's next victim.

Anj16 said...
hey this is really good! really scary. i like the tone of the story.

SuzieQ13 replied...
May 19, 2010 at 6:38 am
thx again. Idk why but I didn't really think this was a good writing personally, but everyone seems to like it.   ??? :P

Anj16 replied...
May 19, 2010 at 11:57 am
the tone of the story is catching. i can't explain. but its sort of like . . . really creepy in a way that she tells it so detachedly (?) and after her death

SuzieQ13 replied...
ok, yea. That helps a little. thx. :)

BlueEyesCry said...
May 15, 2010 at 11:51 am
ohmygosh! this was total creepers! I wsa freezing I love this soo much! keep on writing ohmygos i love it haha!

SuzieQ13 replied...
thx a lot:P

Patrice B. said...
May 13, 2010 at 12:42 am
Ohmygosh! This was creepy! haha, I loved it. Total chills on the spine!!(:

SuzieQ13 replied...
May 13, 2010 at 6:36 am
haha thx!