Darkness | Teen Ink

Darkness

By InkBlot1 BRONZE, Co Springs, Colorado
InkBlot1 BRONZE, Co Springs, Colorado

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun! Arise fair sun, and kill the envious moon, for she is sick and pale with grief.."-Romeo, from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

Screetching. Horrible, spine numbing, screetching. I was shocked to find that it was my own voice who decieved me. The lights flickered on, then off. I was runnning, but not really knowing were i was going. I stopped to take a well earned breath. All was severly quiet. The fear and anxiety i felt before was nothing compared to what was creeping over me now. I waited. For something, anything to give me a clue as to where he was, but nothing came. The dark suffocated my sences. A blood curteling yell rose into the air. I stifeled a scream. I searched the darkness, straining my eyes to see more. I found nothing. The scream still echoed off the walls, chilling my bones. I never gave a thought to how i would die...

I'm new to Teenink, and i would greatly appriciate some feed back...nothing mean, just constructive criticism please!