Almost a Corpse | Teen Ink

Almost a Corpse

By Bookworm GOLD, Americus, Georgia
Bookworm GOLD, Americus, Georgia

"The only way into the pearly gates of heaven, is to be familiar with the caves of hell."

Prince Edmund and I were to be wed in three days. We were having a dinner party to celebrate both the wedding and All Hallows Eve. Hallows Eve was in two days. Prince Edmund asked me to prewed him in the Mystery Woods by the pond on Hallows Eve. Even though I knew that no one went there due to legends and tales; I said yes.

Besides the fact of the legends and tales it was a dark, spooky, rainy night with a full moon. I went to the exact spot Prince Edmund said to meet him at. But he wasn’t there. I figured he was running late. Then I heard a rustle in the bushes. I started to think of the legends and tales of people who did go into these woods on Hallows Eve, and what happened to them. It was said they were killed.

All of a sudden someone came up behind me and started to strangle me. For what seemed like an hour I tried to fight back, but I just couldn’t get away. Right when I was about to give up, Edmund saved me.

Afterwards, I was wondering how anyone could have known I was there. For it was a secret. Later I found out that Edmund had told his brother. About two days later he confessed to the crime. He was sent to jail,Edmund and I were wed, and we lived happily ever after.