Mika Williams | Teen Ink

Mika Williams

By MikaGH GOLD, Bridgeport, West Virginia
MikaGH GOLD, Bridgeport, West Virginia

“Anyone can succeed if they have the skills to move forward”

Mika Williams

Mika Williams was born on December 21st 1801 in the arms of her mother and her mother alone while her father was said to have died in war due to a head Injury. Her mother was desperate to get her a new father almost as soon has she gave birth so her child could live at least a adequate life with two parents and no shame. but sadly no one ever listened to her she was rejected time after time not a single one agreed but sadly it wasn’t because of her straggly brown hair, not because of her large ears, but because of Mika her own child. One man even in particular even told her to get rid of her daughter but she refused because the only reason she wanted a husband was for her daughter so it would be no use if she gave her up. But finally on November 6th 1803 her mother gave in to what the men around the village where telling her and dropped Mika off at the orphanage just outside the village at the age of two years old. Both Weeping as they parted ways neither of them wanted to do it but her mother had to realize one day was that if she kept Mika neither of them would be able to live the life they wanted to it was for the best. Now Mika weeping all alone as her mother walked out those doors leaving her for good she couldn’t help but say her first word and her first word was just a simple “Momma…”her first word just slipped out of her mouth but her mother had already left her weeping, and crying on the floor blowing snot into her shaggy clothing having to be physically dragged away from the door has for her mother was probably never coming back for her. Has time went on Mika came to forget the event but still would reject anyone who wanted to adopt her not a single person no matter how they tried to bribe her some families would even come back to bribe her again but no matter the bribe she always said “no” showing almost to no interest. And to every young couple she rejected left another hole in her heart but she still believed she was doing the right thing no one could convince her other wise she just didn’t want a family. Sometimes she would reach her hand out the window at night reaching for the stars without success feeling trapped and never being able to escape her own mind. She would also sit on the stairs stareing at the two wide doors watching the doors open, and close kids come and go some got there biological parents back meanwhile others got new ones. But one day while she was watching the doors open and close all day someone way too familiar walked in It almost spooked her it was a young looking women in a big flurry dress, and curls, and a young man in up tight formal entire. And when the lady put down her parasol to her side the orphanage director then pulled out a paper
And welcomed them then proceeded to yell for Mika to come downstairs and meet them explaining  that they wanted to meet her then Mika knowing what was happening refused and went upstairs to face plant on her bed In disappointment feeling like she wasn’t heard. Then the director yelled again for her but she still stayed where she was she obviously didn’t want a family he then yelled again this time in a rage. Then knowing she’d be punished if she didn’t go she got up and walked down the stairs then into the directors office with the vary familiar women. The director then signaled her to sit down then proceeded to talk to the man and the women but Mika didn’t pay any sort of attention to them she just stared out the door way at the other kids peeking in. Before she noticed the lady looking at her like she knew her so Mika did the same so for several minutes Mika and the women just stared like they recognized echother until the man decided to brake the Ice by introducing himself and his wife as Mrs and Mr Butcher. But Mika showed no absolute interest in them because she already knew what she was going to say by the end of it. During the whole meeting the women kept stareing at Mika almost like she could read her mind but soon the more Mika stared back the more she recognized her then feeling utterly blind she definitely knew who she was with no doubts and started to ball knowing it was her mother most indefinitely as for it couldn’t be anyone else. Then her mother knowing that she finally realized who she was slowly proceed to walk over to her and wrapped her flurry sleeves around her giving her the best hug anyone could ever get in there whole lifetime.

The end

I wrote this story about a year ago it came to me very easily I forgot what my inspiration was but I think it was partly from an anime I watched not entirely sure tho. I remember my reading teacher liked it so much that she read it to the class has an assignment later that month until I discovered Teenink! Well I hope you enjoy if you have any tips or tricks please comment!

Ps: my cat was named after the main character of this story!