Anthropology | Teen Ink

Anthropology

December 15, 2016
By Tetsuku BRONZE, Broomfield, Colorado
Tetsuku BRONZE, Broomfield, Colorado
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Narrator: Lyra woke to the sound of a crack, there was a flash of light that illuminated the room. Lyra rubbed her eyes and walked towards the dress, got her lyre and sat on her bed and started to play one of the songs she had played at the gala almost a year ago, during her last night as a unicorn. When she finished the song she looked up to see her sister standing in her doorway, when lyra stopped playing, her sister came and sat down next to her.


Clowie: “When did you come back from Equestria?”


Lyra: “I got back around eleven, I would have told you but you were asleep”


Narrator: Lyra placed her lyre on her nightstand


Lyra: “Do you want to hear more about Equestria?”


Clowie: “Yes, but could you tell me about you as a unicorn?”


Lyra: “Did I ever tell you how I got my cutiemark?”


Narrator: They talked for a little while than their father called them down for breakfast. When Lyra got downstairs her father looked up from the morning paper


Father: “Oh, your back. I thought you were going to spend the night.”


Lyra: “We finished the meeting early, so I thought that I would come back here.”


Narrator: Lyra’s mother walked out of the kitchen and sat down across from Lyra.


Mother: “Lyra how did the meeting go?”


Narrator: The idea that her daughter was the only human allowed to go to classified meetings with the ruler of another world was still shocking to her.


Lyra: “The meeting went well,  Celestia is planning on building an embassy in equestria for humans that visit, so far I’m the only human allowed in Equestria.”


Father: “And what is going to be done in this world?”


Lyra: “Well, Celestia said that they will be sending supplies over to build a small embassy near the forest in a few days.”


Clowie: “Will Fluttershy be visiting the embassy?”


Lyra: “Well Clowie I don’t know, but I will ask her the next time I see her.”


Narrator: Lyra turned to address the whole family.


Lyra: “If we don’t have any big plans for Hearths… I mean Christmas than I have a surprise for you. Celestia has agreed to let us all go to the Hearths Warmings eve festival in Canterlot!”


Narrator: Her mother and father looked at each other than back to Lyra.


Father: “Lyra, that sounds like a great idea, are you sure the princesses are ok with it?”


Lyra: “Yea, after all they invited us.”


Narrator: for the remainder of breakfast Lyra talked about what Christmas was like in Canterlot. After breakfast her father went out to drop Clowie off at her school, and her mother headed up to her studio. Lyra went to get her coat


Lyra: ‘I think I’ll head to the bookstore and get some more recent history books.”


Narrator: As she walked to the town listening to music she felt something poke her in the back. Lyra turned around to see no one. She took out an earbud and looked around


Twilight: “Down here.”


Narrator: Lyra looked down to see Twilight standing in front of her.


Lyra: “Twilight, what are you doing here?”


Twilight: “Hi Lyra, do you remember the assignment that Celestia gave us about humans?”


Narrator: Lyra nodded.


Twilight: “Well she gave it to me again, and she told me to give this to you.”


Narrator: A bracelet levitated to Lyra and dropped into her hand.


Twilight: “She didn’t tell me what it does but I think it’s enchanted.”


Narrator: Lyra held it up to her face to examine it.


Lyra: “Did it react to your magic at all?”


Twilight: “Not that I could tell.”


Narrator: Lyra slipped the bracelet on to her wrist.


Lyra: “So Twilight how can I help you with your research?”


Twilight: “Those books you gave me helped, where could I get some more of them?”


Narrator: Lyra smiled.


Lyra: “I’m heading there right now, you can join me if you want.”


Narrator: They walked the rest of the way in silence. The bell chimed as they entered the bookstore. Monica looked up.


Monica: “Hey Lyra, Is that Twilight?”


Lyra: “Hey Monica, How have you been?”


Narrator: Twilight looked around with excitement in her eyes. Monica looked at Twilight.


Monica: “Is there anything I can help you find?”


Twilight: “Yes, do you have books on culture and mythology?”


Monica: “Yes I believe there are some near the history section.”


Lyra: “I can show you where that is.”


Narrator: They browsed the aisles for a bit then they came up to monica with what they wanted to get.


Monica: “Do you need help carrying those to your house?”


Twilight: “No I can levitate them there.”


Monica: “Ok… Lyra your total will be $65.58


Narrator: Lyra handed Monica a plastic card that she had learned was called a credit card. Monica took it and swiped it through a machine then handed the card back to lyra.


Monica: “Have a nice day.”


Lyra: “You to Monica.”


Narrator: When Lyra got home she found her mother reading in the living room


Lyra: “Is dad back yet?”


Narrator: her mother looked up from her book


Mother: “He hasn’t gotten back yet lyra…”


Narrator: Her mother noticed Twilight standing behind Lyra.


Mother: “Lyra, what is she doing here?”


Narrator: Twilight looked up from the history book she was reading.


Twilight: “Ms. Michalakos I would like to apologise for the surprise visit, I would have written ahead but I can’t really send mail to this world.”


Narrator: Lyra’s mom nodded


Mother: “Let me know if you need anything.”


Lyra: “Ok mom.”


Narrator: Lyra and Twilight headed up to Lyra’s room. Twilight trotted over to the bed and took a seat towards the foot of the bed. Lyra walked over to the bookshelf and started putting her books on the shelf. Lyra then took a seat in a rocking chair with a book titled ‘Ancient Greek Myths and Legends.’


Lyra: “Maybe this will have some legends that are told on a lyre.”


Narrator: As Lyra read she read things that she knew as fact rather then fiction.


Episode 1
Part 2


Narrator: Audrey had just come home from school and turned the T.V. to the news, they were still trying to figure out what had happened a few weeks ago.


*Phone rings*


Audrey: “Hello?”


Narrator: There was a pause than a familiar voice broke the silence.


Lyra: “Audrey, how are you?”


Audrey: “Lyra! When did you get back from Equestria, you told me you wouldn’t be back till tonight.


Lyra: “We finished earlier then expected so I came back to let my family know what to expect.”


Audrey: “What do you mean by that?”


Lyra: “Celestia is going to send materials to the field behind my house to build a cloud embassy and a ground embassy for when twilight and the others visit.”


Narrator: The phone buzzed with another call.


Audrey: “Hold on Lyra I have another call.”


Narrator: Audrey switched over to the other call


Audrey: “Hello?”


Nathan: “Hey Audrey, did you hear the news?”


Audrey: “What news?”


Nathan: “They found a statue that de-railed a train in New York.”


Audrey: “WHAT!! Is everyone ok? Was anyone hurt?”


Nathan: “So far there have been 5 injured and no casualties yet. I think you should tell Lyra the next time you talk to her, the statue was discord.”


Narrator: Audrey fell silent at the mention of discord, she still had nightmares about him.


Audrey: “Are you sure it was his statue?”


Nathan: “Yes, there are pictures of it all over NBC.”


Audrey: “One sec I need to let Lyra know about this right now.”


Narrator: Audrey quickly switched over to the other line.


Audrey: “Lyra, I have very important news I need you to tell your Pony friends.”


Narrator: The other end was silent.


Audrey: “Lyra? Hello? Is anybody there?”


Narrator: The other end whas quiet then the faint sound of magic broke the silence.


Twilight: “Hello? Who is talking?”


Audrey: “Twinkleshine? Where is Lyra!?”


Twilight: “First of all it’s Twilight, and secondly Lyra is gone.”


Audrey: “What do you mean gone, when will she be back?”


Twilight: “No, I mean she vanished in a swirl of wind and a blinding flash of light. I don’t know when she will be back, or if it is possible to get her back.”


Narrator: Lyra was examining the bracelet princess Celestia had sent her while Audrey took another call. Out of nowhere a book hit her in the face ‘the last unicorn’ she looked up to see more things flying towards her just soon enough to dodge them.


Lyra: “Twilight!!!”


Narrator: Lyra called out in desperation but it was to late, as soon as the word left her lips there was a blinding flash of light then everything went black.

Episode 2
Part 1


Narrator: Lyra woke with a pounding headache she opened her eyes and was nearly blinded by the sun. She put her hand up to block the sun and looked around. She was by the side of a dirt path with objects from her room strewn about.


Lyra: “I wonder where I am?”


Narrator: Lyra decided to gather as much as she could and head down the path. She managed to find her backpack, lyre, and a greek myths book she decided to put in her backpack.


Lyra: “I think I’ll go this way.”


Narrator: She got on the path and headed towards the rising sun. she had been walking for about an hour when she came across a city that looked like canterlot, only it was populated by humans. Lyra walked up to a man in white robes.


Lyra: “Hi, sorry to bother you I was just wondering if you could tell me what the name of this city is?”


Narrator: He looked at lyra confused.


Citizen#1: “??? ????? ??????.” (den-millau-sell-tick)


Narrator: Lyra slowly turned around and walked over to a fountain. She looked around and decided to play her lyre and re-evaluate her situation.