Voyager | Teen Ink

Voyager

By gman123456789 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
gman123456789 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

“NASA is proud to announce the launch of  Voyager 1.” Said NASA’s director proudly on August 20, 1977.  Voyager 1 has gone amazingly far since then, currently 23 billion and 300 million km away from earth.  The original goal of Voyager 1 and 2 was to get more information about the farthest out planets from the sun.  They have already accomplished this, Voyager 2’s current goal it to travel out-side of the suns gravitational pull.  Voyager 1 has already done so and is now in interstellar space.
  However that is what the public knows, there is more to the story.  Voyager 1 reached interstellar space in 2004.  Shortly after that in 2005 NASA lost contacted with Voyager 1 for six months. Abruptly in January of 2006, NASA regained contact with Voyager 1.  NASA quickly got results back for the six months it was missing.  Originally NASA had thought Voyager 1 was faulty because our readings indicated that it stayed in the same position for the whole time and picked up an extraordinary about of light for space.  NASA was questioning themselves on what to think.
  In the summer of 2006, NASA had received a message from an unknown transceiver.  The contents of  the message were unfeasible.  It read “Hello Humans, we come in peace.  You may call us Blockanoids.  We come from a distant galaxy and intercepted your space-vehicle called Voyager 1. We wish for a peaceful trade of your natural resource for technological advancement.”
  NASA immediately went to the countries capital to get assistance.  The White House quickly arranged a meeting between all the leaders of the world took a vote to accept their request.  They responded fearfully my saying “Hello Blockanoids, thank you for sending our space-vehicle back on its voyage.  It is one of the most satisfying things to know we aren't alone in the universe, thank you. We are very happily accept your offer.”  The Blockanoids responded by saying “ We are very grateful to hear that.  “We will be arriving on earth at 2016, August, the 26th, 3:00 A.M by our calculations and your time frame.”
  “ We will be awaiting you new friends.” During the next nine years, NASA prepared for their arrival.  The best scientists, technical engineers, and physicists were gathered to welcome the Blockanoids.  The news was told to the world five days before the event wold happen. Pandemonium spread, but soon enough the day came.  The whole world was watching through their TV sets. As a huge, metallic, upwards rectangle shaped UFO landed in Australia. The huge metal door dropped as the mouths of the world dropped.  The world would never be the same.