The Shadow Stars | Teen Ink

The Shadow Stars

By HWRichards BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
HWRichards BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Do you want the best killer for higher. Then you want to higher Shadow,he is the best because he was born under the star alignment the shadow hence his name. The star alignment is one that no one has been born under in a long long time.The last person that was born under the stars was a great killer. “Why would you hire him.” random person sead. Let me tell you what he did for me. I sent him after the Giant’s king.”So what's the story.” the person sead. It was a cold rainy night when I heard about the giants killing the forest gomes and destroying their home. I have many friends that were killed by them.One day I went to talk to the king about and all he did was laugh at us.I told him if he did not stop them I would be forced to act. All the king did was laugh at me and told me to leave.Then I went to the forest gomes and told them to fight back.They told me that they could not because they did not have the forces to even try anything.  The only hope for them would be either the elves or the humans.The elves did not care because it was not part of their forest so they will do nothing. The humans then would be there last hope but on the was there I was told that there was a orization of killer that would take any contract.So now the chalinge was to find them. I was told to find someone named Krul and he could point me in the right direction.It tock me four days to find him but when I did I asked about hiering someone.He asked who I wanted killed and I told him the king of the giants.He sead that that would be fine but how munch are you willing to pay.I told him any thing he replyed ok we will send someone right a way. I told him that I had to go with the killer that they send. He told me that it would be at my own risk.I did  not care as long as the job will be finished. I was given a place to go so I could meet up with the killer.Once I got there I asked him his name he told me that it was Shadow.Now I was conserned for my own safety. After one day of finalising the details of the job we went on the path would take us right to the king. It took about two days to get there but along the way he was very silent even though he killed some bandits that tried to kill us he remained completely silent. The was he could fight was very impressive I have never seen anyone fight the way he did.It was quick and swift his aponets never had a chance. Then the day came when we got to the edge of the kingdom. Four giants came up to us and told us to leave or they would kill us. I looked to my right and Shadow was just smiling at them.Then it happened before I could even blink the four giants were on the ground dead.When they hit the ground they did not even make a sound.It was scary how quickly he killed them and with ease. The next day we went right up to the doors of the king's domain.He told me to wait outside I told him no but then he brought up a great point  that I would be a distraction to him also he did not want me to get hit by a stray arrow. So I stayed outside and found a window to watch through. He walked right up to the king and just killed him before anyone new what happened then he turned to the guards and tock them out. When he came he told me that he had another contract. Then I asked him why his eye twitched when he said that. He said that he did not have another contract.Then I asked him if he would accept a lifetime contract of protecting someone. To my surprise he said yes and I gave him the name. Now he is protecting someone but he still takes a contract now and again.