My Ocean Adventure | Teen Ink

My Ocean Adventure

By Katie Ingram BRONZE, Pleasant Plains, Illinois
Katie Ingram BRONZE, Pleasant Plains, Illinois

Some people say they're nto real, but I believe they are real. I have seen these amazing creatures. Infact one of them has helped me. I was scuba diving in the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Scuba diving is my favorite thing to do. In Australia you can see everthing beautiful about the ocean. I was exploring a part of the ocean I have never explored before. The beautiful chorale felt rough as I swam over the top of it. The seaweed tickled my face as I swam through it. The water was so clear I could see almost everything in it. Light rays hit the water and made it glow. The ting I admired the most was a beautiful bottlenose dolphin. I have never seen one in the wild before. It swam away before I could get a good look at it. I decided to follow it. The dolphin was so beautiful I could not keep my eyes off of it. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I stopped and looked around. It was dark and I could no longer see the shore. There was no chorale, no seaweed, and no light rays. All that was there was nothing. All I could see was blackness and nothing. Something swam past me and it wasn't a dolphin. I turned around and I saw the most gorgeus thing in the world, a mermaid. Her skin was pale, she had long blonde hair that went down to her waste, her tail was a bright aqua like the ocean, and her eyes were aqua and as beautiful as the ocean itself. She waved her hand and told me to follow her. I checked my air supply and it was on low. I wasn't going to be able to make it back. Who knows where she was going to take me. I followed her for about ten seconds when my oxygen ran out. The mermaid touched my head and a bright light came from her hand. She said I could breathe under water and it was just temporary and then she let me back to shore. She said goodbye and that she wished to see me again. Everytime I went scuba diving it was with her. I will never forget what she did for me. I try to tell other people about her, but they don't believe me. I will always believe in mermaids.