Dark and Light | Teen Ink

Dark and Light

March 20, 2016
By befreepls BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
befreepls BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

I soar across the sky, clouds swirl under my wings. I observe the evening sky as I fly across it. A beautiful orange pink filled sky with a puff of pure white. The air is calm besides the stir under my wings. All alone in the endless air, escaping the community for a breath of fresh air. Realizing that I am lost in my thoughts I turn to go back home to my place in heaven.
The air turned cool and the clouds became a dark grey without warning. I keep flying, not wanting to go back just yet. I shouldn't be flying over here, but a real storm seems unlikely. Suddenly, rain starts pouring down. Now I'm starting to panic, the wind picks me up and pushes me off balance as I try to find a way out. A huge gush of wind and rain push me into a bright light and a crack of thunder. Pain sears through me for only a second before my body goes numb falling towards the earth. I struggle to get my wings to work, but the air is hitting me too hard. Seconds from hitting the earth I wrap my wings  around me and curl into a ball as a last resort. Suddenly, there’s pressure against my back, it stings but it’s way to soft to be the ground. There's static noise and something comes up around me. I sink into it and it swallows me whole. Entering the belly of the beast, dark fluids surround me. I swirl around, unaware of how to get out. Bubbles come up beneath me pushing me up and out, until finally I take a breath I didn’t know I was holding. Pain stabs my back when I hit solid ground. I listen to the eerie quiet, wondering where the beast is.
After a short while I open my eyes and take time sitting up. The storm has stopped and the day turned night, but the moon is shinning bright. Water stirs beside me and realization slaps me across the face. My head jerks towards a noise. What I see is not a monster, but something similar. Something much more beautiful floating in a pool of dark water. There's milk white skin glowing in the light of the moon, silver eyes glistening at me intently, rosy cheeks and cherry lips. Staring, my heart slows and all tension leaves me. Her lips start moving and her voice of silk lays me down and lulls me to sleep.
The water turns back into a monster. It’s round body roars and chases me far away from here. I never woke up from that dream. The monster chased me into a place where darkness is infinite and life is nonexistent.