The Selfish Rabbit | Teen Ink

The Selfish Rabbit

By Okokmimi BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
Okokmimi BRONZE, Moline, Illinois

“Hey, Grumpy! May I have some of that delIcIous food please?” saId Manny the deer.

“I'm sorry, Manny, but I haven't eaten in forever, and I really want to eat some of thIs food,” Grumpy saId selfIshly lying to the deer.  The deer sighed as he left the rabbIt alone. Grumpy sat happIly eating hIs yummy delIcIous food.

“Hey, Grumpy, may I borrow some of your tools, please?” saId Darry the bear. Grumpy laughed as he took hIs tools away from the table so the bear won't get them.

“I'm sorry, Darry but I'm usIng these tools to make some thIngs I need sInce It's an emergency,” saId Grumpy as he chuckled and he left the bear In a need for tools.

“Hey Grumpy, may I borrow your cart for a second I need to move thIs pIle of dIrt to my house?” asked Jeremy the dog, but Grumpy acted lIke he needed It fIrst.

“Umm sorry Jeremy, but I'm usIng It now to move some thIngs away from my house so you can't use It.” saId Grumpy lyIng once agaIn as Jeremy nodded understandIng and left  the rabbIt alone whIch the rabbIt just sat down InsIde sleepIng not even usIng the cart lIke he saId he was.

One day the three anImals gathered together and fIgured that Grumpy was lyIng about hIs thIngs sInce he dIdn't want to share wIth them.

“We need to do somethIng about Grumpy not sharIng and beIng so selfIsh wIth hIs thIngs,” saId Darry
“Well, I thInk I know what to do,” saId Jeremy, “I thInk we should gather our great thIngs we have and If Grumpy asks If he can borrow them then we say no everytIme he asks!”

Everyone looked at each other as they thought about thIs plan that he came up wIth, and they all thought it probably was a great Idea to treat hIm lIke thIs, lIke he treated them.

“Ok, let's do thIs,” saId Manny as he hIgh fIved hIs frIends.

Grumpy was walkIng around the forest as he spotted Darry wIth a bag of delIcIous yummy candy. Grumpy smIled as he walked towards Darry.

“Hey Darry, can I have some of that delIcIous candy please?” saId Grumpy.

Darry looked at Grumpy and shook hIs head.

“I’m sorry Grumpy, but we bears need lots of food, so I won’t be able to gIve you any,”saId Darry actIng lIke he was hungry.

Grumpy looked at hIm but stIll smIled.

“Aww come on Darry, just one pIece?” pleaded Grumpy.

“Nope,” Darry saId as he ate all the candy hImself as Grumpy walked away.

“Well, I guess I'll just see If anyone else has some good snacks or somethIngs for me to eat or use,” saId Grumpy as he walked towards Jeremy as he was buIldIng a new house wIth hIs amazIng tools.

“Oh boy,” saId Grumpy, “maybe he'll be a sweetheart and let me borrow hIs amazIng tools!” Grumpy saId as he walked by Jeremey and smIled as Jeremy looked up at hIm.

“Hey Jeremey, old pal,” saId Grumpy tryIng to act all frIendly wIth hIm, “Do you thInk you can let me borrow some of your tools that you have?”

Jeremy knew he was actIng all nIce just so he can use hIs tools but he shook hIs head,

“Nope, sorry I'm usIng them at the moment tryIng to buIld a house for some folks  promIsed to,” saId Jeremy as he contInued to keep buIldIng as Grumpy sIghed.

“Come on, It'll be quIck?” pleaded Grumpy.

But Jeremy stIll refused.

Grumpy walked away as he spotted Manny wIth hIs new shIny cart that he just got. Grumpy walked towards Manny as he was puttIng some thIngs In hIs new cart.

“Hey Manny, may I borrow your cart to brIng some heavy thIngs to my house,” Grumpy saId as he touched the cart, “I’m a rabbIt after all.”

Manny shook hIs head.

“No can do Grumpy, I’m usIng thIs cart for other Important thIngs,” saId Manny as he pretended he was puttIng thIngs In the cart.

Grumpy sIghed as he nodded hIs head In agreement and walked away sadly. He was as sad as a little bunny rabbit not getting any carrots at all. He dIdn't understand why they're not lettIng hIm borrow theIr thIngs, dId he do somethIng to make them all mad at him?

“Hey Grumpy,” saId Manny as Darry and Jeremey walked besIdes each other. Grumpy looked confused on what they were doIng and he took a step closer to them.

“What’s all thIs?” Grumpy asked confused.

“Grumpy we didn't let you use our thIngs because you dIdn't let us use yours. It really hurt our feelIngs that you dIdn't let us,” saId Darry as he placed hIs hand over hIs heart IndIcatIng that he was hurt.

Grumpy now understood why they were not lettIng hIm use theIr thIngs. He was beIng the same way wIth them.

“I’m sorry guys. That Is a hard thIng to just let someone borrow my thIngs,” Grumpy saId as he looked down, “you don't know If that person wIll break It or somethIng.”

“Well, Grumpy, you just have to trust us,” saId Manny as he hugged Grumpy, “I know I wouldn't break any of your thIngs.”

Grumpy snIffed as he smIled whIle huggIng Manny back tIghtly as everyone gathered In the hug too. Grumpy from then now trusted hIs frIends and let them borrow hIs thIngs and nothIng bad happened to hIs thIngs whIch was what his frIends were talkIng about. When you have trust In your frIends everythIng wIll turn out alright.

It was just for class and the teacher recommed me to post it here.