Evil Machine Destroy Unit. | Teen Ink

Evil Machine Destroy Unit.

By Leanna Gheer BRONZE, Anita, Iowa
Leanna Gheer BRONZE, Anita, Iowa

I sat and looked out over the lake in front of my house, remembering the day it all started. It was rainy, cold and just depressing. My younger sister, Lilith and I were playing in the rain; we used to play all the time. We would chase each other into the woods, aroundour house, playing tag and other childish games. I remember it clearly; Lilith let out a shriek and started falling into a tunnel. I ran for her, just thinking "I must save her". We both fell into a tunnel, it was not very long but the walls were wet and slippery so we could not crawl back up.

Eventually, we found our way through the tunnel and came into an opening. When we walked into it, there was a huge machine, like nothing we have ever seen before; it had a giant body, long arms and legs. On it's head there was two holes, probably for eyes, I am not sure. I looked to my sister and noticed she was afraid, which was quite unusual because she is always the one to explore, but I guess not today. As i slowly made my way to the machine, I looked over my shoulder and noticed Lilith sitting on the ground shaking.

Just as I was about to ask her what was wrong, the machine in front of me started making noises. I ran back to Lilith and picked her up just as the machine started moving twords us.

These are the last memories I have of my sisterl if I had known what was going to happen, I would have never played in the woods, on that rainy, cold, depressing day. By awakening the sleeping machine, the world was plunged into chaos; machines started changing, they got bigger, smarter and started fighting back. The Government tried everything to get rid of them, but they could never destroy them all.
That is were I come into play, years after the first machine was awoken by my sister and I. Most of my life I spent trying to figure out how to beat them and I eventually found a way. Fighting machines with machines. Large robots that held humans inside while controlling them. They were stronger then the first machines, taller and faster. We trained on these robots, called EMDU, Evil Machine Destroy Unit.

Today is the last day of training, and hopefully the last day of this horrible war. I must go now, we are about to be suited up.
Keep watching the stars and fly straight. Leo

Years later, the war had ended, the world was turning back to normal, but no one can forget all of the heros they have lost. The greatest of them being Leo, a man whoes stories are told about, a brave fighter who inthe last great battle for humanity fought until his last breath, destorying any machines, leaving them where they stand.

People still remember and thank Leo, many go to Machine Park, to visit the statue of Leo, and his EMDU Lilith.