What Happened at the Carnival was just the Beginning | Teen Ink

What Happened at the Carnival was just the Beginning

May 18, 2015
By madstrawberry BRONZE, Elgin, Illinois
madstrawberry BRONZE, Elgin, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The news was on and I, Elisa, was watching it, but barely.  There was a news item about aliens invading the Earth.  I wanted to watch it to make fun of all the people that said that aliens were invading the earth.  But sadly, it was not shown by the time I had to leave for my best friend Abby’s birthday party.  My friend was turning 13 and I would be turning 13 in a week and a half.
     I jumped in to the passenger seat and my mom sat in the driver seat.  We backed out of the garage and drove to Abby’s house.
     “Do you have everything you need?” my mom asked.
     “Yes,” I responded.
     “Do you have an extra pair of clothes, your sleeping bag, and your pillow?” my mom asked.
     “Yes, Mom, why do you worry so much? I will be fine.”
     “I do not know… Did you grab the present?”
     “Ugh, no!”
     We turned around grabbed the present and went back on our way.
     When we arrived at Abby’s house, I got out of the car and my mom drove away.  Our friend Christina was there too.  My friends and I stayed up until 4 in the morning; it was amazing.
     When we got up, we ate pancakes and bacon.  After we ate, we all jumped into the car and drove to the carnival that was in town.  At the carnival there were so many rides and games.
     “Now you girls stay together and have fun,” Abby’s mom said,” I will be back in about two hours. I will just be picking up a few things down the road. If you need anything Abby will call me and I will come as quickly as I can.” She left and we were left to do what we wanted.
     We first went on the Ferris wheel and then the tea cups and then the giant swing, we had so much fun.  Then we decided to play the knock over the alien spaceship game.  We all received three juggling balls.  Abby went first.  She did not knock the alien spaceship down.  Next Christina went and she did not knock it down.  We were very frustrated, because we could not knock that stupid alien spaceship over.  It was my turn to play.  My friends were cheering me on.  I aimed for the spaceship.  I pulled my arm back and then I swung it forward and released the ball.  It hit the alien and knocked him over. I remembered how I did it and I knocked him over two more times.  I won my friends and myself each a stuffed unicorn.
     After I won the unicorns, we decided to go and buy ice cream. I got my favorite strawberry with Oreos on top.  Christina got vanilla with sprinkles.  Abby got birthday cake with hot fudge.
     Then we saw the strangest thing, there was a man walking around with a winter coat on and mittens and it was summer.  We thought he was up to no good so we backed up behind a tent.  He then stopped at the game we had just played and looked at the unicorns.  We thought he must have a disease where he could not be in the sun.  So we started to back out from the tent, when he reached in to his coat pocket and pulled out a gun.  He fired two bullets into the air.  Everyone was screaming and running away.  Abby pulled out her phone and called her mom.  The person then pointed the gun at the man who was running the game.
     “Give me all of your unicorns or I will shoot,” the man in the coat said.
     The man running the stand threw up his hands and said, “Take them, take them all.”  Then he ducked under the counter.  The man in the coat put out his hand as though he was waiting for a high-five.  Then all of the unicorns floated to his hand.  Then he bent down and switched a little leaver on his shoes.  Then the shoes shot him into the air like mine jet packs. 
     “Who do you think that was?” Christiana asked.
     “More like, what was that?” Abby said.
     “I think it was an alien,” I said.
     A few minutes after Abby’s mom picked us up and we went back to Abby’s house.  Christiana’s and my mom came and pick us up.
     “Your father and brothers will be home in a few hours,” my mom said, “I will be going out with some of my friends so I won’t be home until around midnight.  So listen to your father, okay.”
     “Okay,” I said.
     My mom dropped me off at home, and then she left.  I got bored so I decide to look at my unicorn, because I wanted to know what was so special about the unicorns that he had to threaten someone with a gun to get them.  I held it and I felt something funny in the foot.  I flipped the unicorn over and there was a compartment in the foot.
     Then there was a knock at the front door.  Could my dad be home this early, I thought? Of course, he wouldn’t knock.  I looked out my bed room window; it was the alien from the carnival!  I ran under my bed.  I placed the unicorn behind me.  I then heard glass shatter.  I knew that the alien was coming for whatever was in the compartment, so I opened it and grabbed what was inside and put it in my back pocket.  Then I saw long narrow black shoes with a lever in them.  I saw one knee touch the ground and then the other.  Then I saw a hand start to pull up my bed duster. He pulled it up inch by inch.  He started to lean his head down.  Then I saw him.  His skin was all green and he only had one eye.  He did not have an eye in the middle of his forehead; he was missing one. 
     “I will take that,” he said, and he grabbed the unicorn.  He ran out of my room and outside.  I heard this rocket boots take off and then he was gone.
     I crawled out from under my bed and took out what was in my back pocket.  It was a flash drive.  I put it in my computer.  There were two files, one said, “if found.”  The second had no title.  I clicked on the file that said, “if found.”  It was a video.  I clicked on it and a lady popped up.  She said, “You have found a very secret and dangerous weapon.  Give it to NASA immediately.  Do not give this to any green people.  Be careful and good luck.”  The video ended. 
     I had no idea what to do.  I thought really hard.  “I know what to do,” I said to myself, “I will ask my neighbor Frank, because he just retired from NASA.”
     I ran over to his house and told him my story.  He said he would try to contact someone to help me get to NASA.  He said the code word would be salty pretzels so I would know that the people I met were not aliens coming to pick me up.
     I ran to my house and put the flash drive on a string around my neck so I could see it.  A few minutes later two men came to my door and said “salty pretzels” and I got into their car.  They took me to NASA and told me to wait in this waiting room.
     Then a man came in to the room and told me to follow him.  He led me in to his office and shut the door.  “Hello, my name is Dan,” he said, “Ben told me all about you and…”
     “Wait a second, who is Ben?” I asked.
     “Your neighbor of course,” Dan replied.
     “His name is not Ben, it is…” At that second I saw a flap of skin pop up like it was a mask peeling off from the real skin.  I then reached over the desk and ripped it off.  It was the one eyed alien. I screamed.  Someone came running to the door but the door was locked.  The alien was trying to grab at the flash drive around my neck.  I saw a pen on the table and stabbed it in his hand hoping that it would slow him down so I could open the door.  Instead it knocked him out.  I ran and unlocked the door.  People flooded in and some came to see if I was ok and some went and checked on the alien.
     In the end, the alien was put in AXD Florence, the most secure prison in the world.  The president gave me a medal for what I did.  The flash drive was put in twelve different vaults all inside of each other.  A different person put in a different combination so not even one of those people could get the flash drive.  The aliens have not come here since; so we have been safe.


The author's comments:

there is a carnival and aleans