Ruins of Earth Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Ruins of Earth Chapter 1

September 15, 2014
By Thefallenangels BRONZE, Idaho Springs, Colorado
Thefallenangels BRONZE, Idaho Springs, Colorado
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Chapter 1:
Jayden had taken refuge in the small, tattered two-story house, looking back on how all of this had started, remembering how the world’s governments tried to reconcile and be friendly with them but they would not have it, they found their way here by our mistake and now they’re here to stay as we watch our people die by their hand. They were an alien race from a planet far outside of the Milky Way galaxy. They had invaded Earth during the year 2045 after a group of nations got together with their best scientists and were experimenting with quicker space travel, and one of these experimented ways was testing one way portals that could be opened with a generator, that was not small in size, but it wasn’t a medium size either, and weighed about an average human being’s weight. The world’s people cheered when the first test was broadcast, but cheers turned to horror when the people sent through the portal did not return on the day they were supposed to, instead, a small group of aliens appeared on the day and slaughtered everyone in the area of the test and then split entirely across the world with perfect duplicates of the portal generator. Now, these aliens weren’t like the basic little green or grey men with big heads and large eyes who only stand about 3 or 4 feet tall, some were larger, some stood taller than basketball players and were armored like tanks, then there others who were an average human’s height and not very strong or armored, but they were deadly. The taller ones everyone called “Titans” and the smaller ones were called “Sirens”. The smaller ones were called Sirens was because when they attacked or called a Titan, they used a high pitched scream that many compared to that of a siren. The Sirens also could use small needles they had with them to inject certain people with small leeches that cut off any brain wave activity in the body. After the world’s governments failed attempts at forming treaties and trying to prevent war with the alien race, the world fell into nothing, governments crumbled necessities such as electricity, gasoline, food and water became short in supply, and armies merged of soldiers and normal people that had never used a gun in their life. Prepubescent children that watched their parents or parent die from the invasion had become rebels to any small governments that had tried to form after the major ones fell. These rebel youths grouped up and tried to survive and fight against the alien race. Most did not survive; some were lucky enough to survive but died fighting against Titans, and there were some who were smart and strong enough to survive both beyond horrible conditions and fighting them. They had grouped and taken refuge in northwest Canada, near the border of Alaska.

            Jayden had come back from his memory to face reality when he heard gunfire and bullets impact the wall of the building he had taken refuge in, he was one of the last couple of people from a group of rebels in Wisconsin who had heard about the rebel groups in northwest Canada and had decided to try and make their way to join them there. Other than Jayden, there were three left out of the original group of twenty, the others had been killed by starvation, dehydration, or gunned down by Titans, Sirens or military units who were involved in what had now become a war between humans and aliens. The others who had survived were Taylor, a 17 year old boy originally from Tennessee; Deanne, a 15 year old girl from California; and Brian, an 18 year boy from New York. Jayden was a 22 year old boy from Arizona whose family was taken from him at the age of 9.

            Jayden leaned around the corner of the destroyed wall and started firing with the AK-74u he had with him taking down two soldiers, he turned back around to reload his ammo clip and found a wave of Sirens and Titans coming his way. He quickly reloaded his clip and made a hasty dash out the side of the building grabbing the short wave radio from his pocket and pressing the beacon on his shirt to get a message across to the remainders of his group.  “Team, this is Jayden reporting there is a clash at my current location between military and alien soldiers, I am on my way to the rendezvous point.” Jayden said over the radio running through the tall dead grass. He quickly made it to sight of the rendezvous point which was a small cabin with an underground cellar attached to it. When he got inside the cellar, the others were already inside and talking amongst each other.


The author's comments:

This is a part of a story that I wrote about a year ago

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences