Crowd of racist | Teen Ink

Crowd of racist

By jonathan graves BRONZE, Ft Riley, Kansas
jonathan graves BRONZE, Ft Riley, Kansas

Just 15 minutes before the show starts the band just does some random stuff in the green room.
“Dude, I’m like surprised at how far we came as a band!” exclaimed Travis in his red beanie and blue jeans.
“Yea I never thought we would actually make this Far.” replied Danny in his shorts and vest
“What I’m surprised about is James, like I never thought a black guy would actually wanna start a band like this.” Said Alex in his hipster cloths
Then the guys heard James walk in on their conversation.
“Sup bros u ready like 7 minutes left before we rock this show!” exclaimed James
As usually James was in his rocker cloths. A dark purple beanie worn half way on his head, black jeans, and a plain black shirt. James was so psyched to play his first show since they were signed. All he could do was just practice jumping across the stage.
“Hey guys its time can’t you hear them scream. “WE THE LOW, WE THE LOW!” it’s so loud”
Yea we probably should go now cuz the crowds get really pissed if we don’t show up on time.
The guys all head towards the stage happy as ever. The stage had their instruments already there for them. The stage was filled with blue and green lights with giant amps behind them. You could even see the security in front of the crowd stopping the crazy fan girls from attacking the band. First to make it too the stage was Alex the singer then Travis, and Danny. James was the last 1 to go on stage but as soon as he did the crowd went from overly happy to extreme hate. James was instantly hated from the second he walked out on stage.
“Why is there a black guy playing up there. Go buy some chicken. Are you gunna take my kool aid. Since when did black guys like rock music? ” The crowds hate went on and on and didn’t stop. They started throwing objects at him Even Alex couldn’t stop the crowds hate towards James. Then James took the mic and said.
“Hey what’s wrong with a black guy doing something he loves? I’m no different than any other guitarist your ever gunna meet. We all have the same dream of playing in front of a crowd that loves them but you guys won’t let me live out this dream. You all treat me like
The crowd was silenced and didn’t say a single word. Then somebody out in the crowd started a slow clap for the speech that James had just given. Soon after a chant started for James. They were screaming James name over and over. Alex then takes the mic from James and tells the crowd
“Alright well that was amazing James, and in honor of this new found love I dedicate our first song of the night to James.”
The whole band knew what song Alex was talking about “Just Keep Breathing” James takes the lead and started the song and soon after the whole band joins in at their parts. Alex then began to sing while the crowd tried to follow along” when you watch the world just turn away and, break the promises you made, when dreams are forced to be let go, just take a breath and let it go. Woaaaa ooo ooo” the crowd knew when the solo was coming so they cheered “ SOLO SOLO SOLO SOLO” right before James starts his solo started then a loud burst came from the crowd as if they died of excitement. The solo went on and the faster the solo the louder the screams get. As soon as the show was over and they had finished their set, they all head back to their tour bus where the crowd followed them and begged and begged for autographs from the band. James was living his dream and he loved it.