Savior of Youth | Teen Ink

Savior of Youth

By GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida
GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

Live Each Day To The Fullest. -Quote From Somewhere Else-

I'm Whatever You Want Me To Be - My Quote -

It was a hot summer’s day in Chicago.

In a house, a boy slept, awaken by a voice…a voice of his mother. You need to get ready his mother said. The boy staggered out of bed, got dressed and gave his bag to his father. After breakfast, the boy got into the car with his parents and drove off. Son you seem kinda down, the father said. Sweetheart you’ll have a great time at grandpa’s house, it gives you time to bond; you hardly get to see him. The boy thought to himself, its not that he didn't like seeing his grandfather, it was just so boring over there, nothing to do. The boy said sure mom we’ll have fun. The car arrived at a house, with a red door and statutes. A man came onto the porch and waved. The boy smiled and got out, taking his bag with him. "The boy’s father got out and said hello dad and hugged him". The man put a hand on the boys shoulder, and said how you been Max? Max said I've been great. "Max’s grandfather said so I guess you two better get going, I bet you got important business to take care of". Max’s father gave him a hug, then he went over to his mother, and she kissed him on his forehead and said love you, hope you have a good time. Max went back to his grandfather, and they both walked into the house, max watched out the window as the car dove away.

When Max got further into the house he saw lots of boxers in the living room. “Grandpa what are you doing?” I’m moving all these boxes to the attic Max’s grandfather said. "There sure are a lot of boxes Max said". Yes, would you help me move some? Max said sure grandpa. After 30 minutes; Max was carrying the last of the boxes up to the attic. “Max sat the box down and looked around. Wow Max said; he sure has a lot of old stuff”. Max came across an open box and he smiled, the box had pictures of his dad when he was his age. He takes out another picture of his dad and grandfather fishing. The box a couple feet from Max started to glow, Max was able to see it out the corner of his eye before it disappeared. Max quickly opened the box and looked inside, the glow had stopped. Max saw an envelope with a red seal on it. Max slowly ripped open the envelope, and inside was a picture. The picture had a man on it. The picture began to shake with a swirling
green vortex coming out of it. I was blinded by the bright light. When I opened my eyes; the man on the picture was gone.

The next day Max told his grandfather I’m going to the park for a while. Max was walking to the park when he saw an orange fireball coming right at him. The fireball hit the ground making a crater a few feet away from max, max fell on the ground; he was surprised that he wasn’t made into a pancake. As soon as max could stand, he went over to take a look. Max saw a boy with a sword and some weird clothes on. The boy with the sword quickly noticed Max and jumped up next to where he was standing. The boy said you, “come with me”. Max said who are you…and what do you want? My name is Zog I have been sent to this location to find you. Zog grabbed max by the shirt and got out a crystal of some sort. He held it to the sky, a purple beam shot out, another beam shot back. Before I realized it, I was on a different planet. Zog smiled and said follow me. Max said alright as if he had a choice. Max said where are we going? Where going to go see princess Raya. Max said who’s she? Zog said she is the ruler of this planet; she has been waiting for you. Zog opened the giant golden doors; the princess was sitting on her thrown. Princess Raya says its nice to see you again.

Max’s mind was racing, “wow she’s so cute, and she’s happy to see me”. Princess Raya says I need your help the evil villain Salvetor has escaped from the magic picture, he’s going to steal everyone’s youth then he’s going to try to come after me. Max thought to himself, oh no. That picture; the bright light…I did this…Its all my fault. I have to fix this. Princess I’ll help you capture Salvetor and return him to the picture. Princess Raya said thank you I knew you would help. Just then they heard an explosion coming from the city, it was Salvetor and his army of shadow knights. Princess Raya looked down and saw all her solders shrived up bodies, and than she said so it finally begins. Meanwhile back on earth; Max’s grandfather noticed that max wasn’t home for dinner yet, he started to worry. Max’s grandfather went to the attic and saw the box; he said whats this doing up here? He looked down and saw the envelope and picture Max’s grandfather rushed to his room and said I hope I’m not too late. Back on planet Ragnarok; Zog and his few army of soldiers were fighting to protect princess Raya.

Max was with the princess, she said oh pleases you need to use your Thrasher

gloves. Max said what gloves? Princess Raya looked surprised and said what is your name? I’m Max. Your name is not Reed? Max said no. Princess Raya said you have to be you look just like him, and then she looked into his eyes and said you’re not him. Then they heard a banging at the door, it kept getting louder and louder until the door flung open. Salvetor walked in saying princess Raya it’s a honor to see you again, you look as young as I remember. Princess Raya said Savetor you snake. Salvetor said now, is that anyway to talk to your new ruler, he flung a green beam at her, it missed. Princess Raya fell to her knees; Max jumped between Salvetor and Princess Raya, and said stay away from the Princess. Salvetor laughed an evil laugh and said fine I’ll take your youth along with hers. Salvetor was about to strike, when he got punched from behind, knocking him against the wall. The person who punched him was Max’s grandfather. Salvetor we meet again. Salvetor said who are you old man. Max’s grandfather smiled and said oh you don’t remember me; I was the one who sealed you inside that picture. Salvetor said it couldn’t be, is that you master Reed. So you do remember. Salvetor gave him a smile back and said your old now, and weak; you have no strength. Max’s grandfather was out of breath. Salvetor laughed and said looks like I’ll finally get to defeat you after all. Salvetor swung a fireball at him and max’s grandfather went down.

Max’s grandfather said in a whisper… Max take the gloves, you’ll be able to beat him. Max said me…? I know you can…your much younger and stronger. Max picked up the gloves and strapped them on. Max said your going down Salvetor. Salvetor laughed and said okay I promise I won’t defeat you to quickly. Max ran up to him with incredible speed, Savetor looked pail. Max’s grandfather said break his cane max…it will destroy him. Max threw punches and kicks but nothing was working, then he thought maybe if Savetor couldn’t see. Max stopped and ran around in a circle pulling up dust, Savetor said you little brat. When Savetor closed his eyes max saw an opening and chopped his cane in half. Savetor yelled nooo and started shriveling up. "After the cane was broken all the souls returned to the right bodies, everybody was young again including Zog". Max went to his grandfather and said are you okay grandpa? Max’s grandfather said yes I’ll be fine, the princess walked up to us and said Master Reed is that really you…you’ve gotten so old. Max’s grandfather said yes it’s me princess Raya. Princess Raya broke down crying then said I’m so happy to see you Master Reed. She stood and smiled, as long as your in my kingdom you shall be young, she waved her magic gem over max’s grandfather. Max watched in amazement when he saw his grandfather as young as him.

Max’s grandfather stood up and said thank you princess Raya, than the princess hugged him. Princess Raya said it’s finally over, they started to walk away when they heard a voice…it was Salvetor. Salvetor said you thought you could get away from me that easily, then you are sadly mistaken, he turned into this giant blob monster. We all prepared for battle. Salvetor threw a blob bomb at one of Zog’s soldiers, the soldier was paralyzed he couldn’t move. We all started to flee back. When Salvetor laughed max saw a green orb inside his mouth. Max told his grandfather I’ll be right back. "Max’s grandfather yelled MAX!!!".

Max quickly ran to Salvetor with lighting speed dodging all of Salvetor’s blob bombs. Max jumped into his mouth crushing the orb with his thrasher gloves. The blob began to fizzle out into a puddle of goo, max was all covered in it. "Max said Salvetor is destroyed…now". We all cheered, he was really destroyed this time.

After the battle me and my grandfather decided to go home. Princess Raya said you are all ways welcomed in my kingdom so come back soon. Zog gave Max a mega crystal so he could come back whenever he wants. Max and his grandfather waved there farewells and said we’ll be back again. Max’s grandfather lifted his mega crystal, a beam shot out; another beam shot back. They were back on earth. Max told his grandfather your old again. Max’s grandfather patted Max on the back and said yeah… let’s go home. The next Morning Max’s mom and dad came to pick him up. "Max’s mom said so how was your weekend at grandpa’s house"?Max said with a smile it was pretty normal. I hope to come back next year.

Adventure,Planets,Mega Crystals,Princesses,Gloves,Evil

HudaZav SILVER said...
on May. 2 2014 at 7:52 pm
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

I agree with the last comment. Other than that, you did a great job! i love this piece =)

Thalion SILVER said...
on Apr. 17 2014 at 8:40 pm
Thalion SILVER, Peoria, Illinois
Ok... I love the story, but the absense of quotation marks and the gramatical/ spelling errors made it pretty hard to read. Also, some of your words don't seem to match with the feel of the story, but the story improved as it went on! Good job!

on Apr. 16 2014 at 12:22 pm
Promethean SILVER, Kanpur, Other

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind....

Its great, long, very well described but i think it could have been expressedn in little less words and carry out the same meaning. I will also suggest you to use some good words like you did in first para and 4rth para while everything was very simply writte. KEEP IT UP mate. 

idkmanguy GOLD said...
on Apr. 11 2014 at 9:48 pm
idkmanguy GOLD, Ballwin, Missouri

"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man waiting to die." - Patrick Rothfuss

It's great! A few grammatical errors but i love it!

on Mar. 20 2014 at 11:50 pm
GhostMatrix SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

I would like to know you guys feed back on my work, it would mean so much. ^_^ Thx Guys.