Through the Window | Teen Ink

Through the Window

February 2, 2014
By Camrynnn_ BRONZE, Hemet, California
Camrynnn_ BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They came in masses. Their UFO's didn't look as we expected. Instead of a disk-shape, they were long cylinders with spotlights shining down upon us. Everyone was in their houses, terrified. Except me. I wasn't scared at all. I thought to myself, why would they want to harm us? What have we done to them? I believed they were here solely for their own curiosity. My family and I anxiously await for a hint on what they plan to do with us. My family is huddled together as if this may be their last moments. I on the other hand, am sitting across the room, all alone. I stare out the window in fascination. As I yonder, a breathtaking event occurs. A ship lands right outside my living room window. The door opens. It opens in such a way our doors on earth would open. There is no fancy conveyor belt. To me they seem more and more like us. My family is yelling for me to shut the curtains and back away from the window but I can't. I HAVE to know what they are here for. I don't need to directly ask them, but I feel that if they catch a glance at me, they will decide right then and there. A shadow casts upon the door frame. A human-like shadow. I start to feel a tad bit of fear flowing through my body. But it's more of the fear you would have before you go up to do a school presentation, not while aliens are invading your home. A figure probably between 5 or 6 feet tall begins to walk out. The darkness flushes the face to a black pit, so it's hard to make out the being's appearance. The more the "alien" walks out, the more I can tell what it is. Everything from their stroll to the way it's dressed gives me clues to what they look like. I'm astonished. The face now becomes clear and it's for certain a male. And another thing. It's for certain a human. As a stare out the window I realize tears are dripping down my face, yet I'm not sad, nor scared enough for me to be crying. Maybe I'm happy, thinking they'll be just like us. In an instant, I become absolutely terrified. More terrified than I think I would've been if they were green, big-headed, naked beings. My terrified self comes from the fact that they are human, they are just like us, and what would we do to a planet we found life on? Nobody knows, and that's why I'm scared to death. Humans are completely unpredictable.