It... | Teen Ink

It...

November 2, 2013
By choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other
choc2013 GOLD, Slough, Other
15 articles 3 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am selfish. I am brave. I am Divergent."


Its ribs protruded from its thin layer of over stretched, translucent skin and its bulbous belly showed signs of heavy malnourishment. The bags under those eyes seemed heavy, almost sagging under the weight of accumulated tiredness. It was then, when I examined its eyes did I experience the chilling sensation of shock travel down my spine. Where the eyes should have been, there were dark, black, empty sockets. Its blue eyes parted, as if to say something, but instead the words were replaced with a guttural cough as it spewed out green gunk. Its knees buckled and it sank to the floor while continuing its deathly coughing that would soon drain out his life. Whatever the inhumane thing was, it was completely helpless. I could do nothing except leave it to crumble to its slow and painful end. I turned my head as guilt washed over me and focused instead on the silhouette of the city skyline, partially obscured by fog that fell like a veil of mystery before my eyes. My legs started moving towards the unknown city but suddenly the world tilted as I fell into a hole of nothingness. "Wake up!" The familiar grip of my sister's insistent fingers pulled me out of the unknown darkness and back into reality. I had, yet again narrowly escaped being trapped in a world of ambiguity...