Into the Future | Teen Ink

Into the Future

June 27, 2013
By Grace Fagan-Lewis BRONZE, Cape Town, Other
Grace Fagan-Lewis BRONZE, Cape Town, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It started on the day I was going to die, not that I knew at the time. I was walking down the beach and it was a cold stormy wet night, the sea was raging and the wind howling whipping up a storm of sand. The sea was calling to me, I was slipping and sliding over the wet rocks, when I started to get a prickly feeling all over my body, I began to run feet slapping the hard stones and tripping and stumbling but I just kept on running reaching water.
I stopped, stood still turned around : the knife flashed as it flew towards me. I looked down in horror. I was bleeding I fell into the water and slowly began to go under. Bubbles flooded my mouth and floated around me. A great calm came over me and my eyes began to close when I was rudely shaken. I opened my eyes again and there was a group of people, well if you could call them people! They were rather odd looking as they were see through with red insides. One came up to me, ‘chill dude you are one of us now. All you need to know is that we can change colour, and the thickness of our skin we can fly and do this whatever you want to call it ’ ’ cool man’. I think I was dazed.
We did everything together, I wanted to stay with these nice creatures, but after awhile I got bored I wanted to know how my story ended but I didn’t know how to get back so I asked my new friends to drown me. I came around choking and spluttering. Was back in the present time just when I was going to die.....