If I could 2.0

I look down at the bottle in my hand, thinking of the burning sensation the drink has left in my stomach. I raise the glass and drink again, letting the green liquid flow down my throat and into my body. I smash the bottle on the table as I begin to cough with the taste of the foul smelling stuff. I can feel the effects already, the power rushes through my veins; I can feel the strength coursing through my body. I look up to the skylight on the ceiling and jump. I am launched through--completely effortless--onto the roof. Nothing can stop me in this state, nothing that lives in the world today. I begin to run, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, losing no breath as I jump over buildings and the power lines between houses. I easily outrun bikers, birds, and cars. I jump down into the street and a wall stands tall to stop me. No! I push through and keep running as the bricks follow me from the impact. I know my goal; I know what I want. I finally stop at the wall separating the neighborhood from the rest of the world; a five feet thick sheet of metal. I could jump it easily, this strength knows no bounds. But what will happen on the other side, nobody in living memory has ever left the walls. I launch myself, rising higher and higher, nearer to the top. Time slows down as I come nearer to the top. I am about to find out what we are separated from by these walls; what nobody has seen in years. My head is about to peek over the side when... I wake up.