Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio
BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

Aimee sat very still, staring at the bright white ceiling. She flexed her arms to test the strength of the metal cuffs keeping her held to the operating table. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew it was only a matter of time before the scientists who brought her here would be back, and she wanted to be long gone by there. Aimee closed her eyes tighter and used her hearing to listen for approaching footsteps. After a full sixty seconds of silence, she went to work. Aimee pulled up on the cuffs and felt the metal cut into her skin as they broke. She sat up quickly and watched as her skin healed before her eyes, taking the burning sensation with it. She rapidly broke each cuffs on her ankles and legs then leaped off the table. Aimee ran across the sterile white room to the only window. As soon as her fingers touched the lock, an alarm blasted through the whole building. Aimee grabbed her ears, her magnified hearing picking up every noise around her. She stood up just in time to see three scientists enter the room with guns. As they began to shoot she yanked the window open and jumped. Once she was outside the window, she had the realization that they were on the seventh floor. As she fell towards the ground, our heroine closed her every tightly, not knowing if her body will recover from that much damage. After a few seconds of falling, Aimee realized she should have reached the ground by now. She opened her eyes to see Lyle smiling down at her. His bright green eyes sparked when he saw she was looking at him. His bright white smile got wider and he chuckled. "It took you long enough. I've been waiting six hours for you. I was about to come in and bust you out myself," he traded and winked at her. Aimee moved her bright red hair behind her ear and smiled back. She closed her eyes again, just wishing to be back on the ground.

This is the beginning of a story I am writing. I would love some opinions on how it is so far and any criticism. This is my first time showing my work to others do I could use some criticism.

Laur01 SILVER said...
Laur01 SILVER, Syracuse, New York

You never fail until you stop trying. -Albert Einstein

I really like it! I can't wait to see what happens next! 

on May. 12 2013 at 1:31 am
BrisieBoo SILVER, Lucas, Ohio

Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

I'm working on it. I should have more soon :3

on May. 12 2013 at 12:51 am
Childofthemind BRONZE, San Marcos, California
MOAR! FEED ME MOAR! I WANT MOAR!!