Giving Back | Teen Ink

Giving Back

By Tori Boldt BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois
Tori Boldt BRONZE, Palatine, Illinois

Hello. This message is for Jane Bradley. If you are not Jane please disregard this message as it does not and will not ever apply to you.

My name... Well actually that’s not important at the moment because this message also does not concern me. I am simply the delivery man per say. It has recently come to my attention that you have been attempting to undermine the system. Here in Entrifity your previous actions can not and will not be tolerated. In case you are unaware, three years ago it was established that only one child would be allowed per household. Any and all additional children are to be given to the community.

We have worked very hard here at the government level to ensure safety among our citizens. It must be understood that we only work in the best interest of the state. Of course there are laws to protect any such children given to the community. The law provides that no children are to be used for genetic experiments or as test subjects in any such scientific endeavors. Of course there are also laws stating people like you must sacrifice their additional children for the betterment of the state. Laws which people like you seem to have ignored.

You may have been lead to believe you could keep a secret from us. However, the impossibility of that is larger than you can imagine. Not even your eldest, Isabel, who had been condemned to grow up under the likes of you, desires to follow your life of deception. I am pleased to see that she at least understands the severity of deceiving the state of Entrifity. Isabel will soon be joining us in exchange for your secrets. She means you no harm but recognizes the importance of the true Entrifital way of life.

Underground, we strive to form the most perfect state. This simply cannot be done without sacrifices. It is promised that the masses will push upward and onward, but only the few will strive given our resources.

The process is rather quite simple, Jane. There is no point in fighting back. I promise there is nowhere to turn. There is no turning back without facing the walls of darkness. Jane, why would you even bother putting up a struggle when we are promising you light? Entrifity needs balance in order to move up. People like you remind me of a grocery bag fluttering in the cold winter wind across the parking lot. Your purpose and service to society is clear, yet you seem to have run off track and no longer serve us but rather pollute our state.
You can consider yourself warned Jane Bradley.
We know.