Scarlette Sulken | Teen Ink

Scarlette Sulken

By Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California
Rinniedesu SILVER, Oxnard, California

This entire book is going to be about this girl, who has to come back to her home world to defeat the spread of darkness caused by Malavus Towers. She will meet up along the way with friends and guides to lead her so that she may fulfill her true destiny. Chapter 1: A Warning Call The sun shone brilliantly through the castle’s chandelier like celestial lights, sparkling off each dyiloefynea gem as it twirled in a slight dance, welcoming the new morning. The King was fast asleep in his grand throne which lent against the shimmering walls of this most sacred building in which he, his family and many servants called home. The light that was glimmering through the dyiloefyneas caught the sight of his closed lids, causing him to stir in his throne, one eye opening, and then another. He let out a yawn and raised his arms slowly in a stretch, his legs following suit. After this, he stood and grabbing his scepter, he stepped down from the pedestal in which his and his wife’s thrones lay. The King surveyed his surroundings, then hearing a soft cry; he slowly headed out of the room and towards the grand staircase, strolling upstairs until he came to an elongated hall. The cry grew louder as he passed the first five rooms, and as he reached the eighth, he reached for the crystal knob and turned it to the right. As he did this, he pressed one hand onto the door to aid the knob as he stepped in. There he found the waking princess, her tiny body fidgeting in the blanket in which she was bound. As he stepped forward to pick up his darling grandchild, he was cut off by his own daughter, the Aelyistiean standing from her chair drowsily as she walked over to the baby, rising then cradling her in her arms lovingly.
“There, there, Aerynyne.. shhh..” She cooed, rocking her precious daughter in her arms.
“Faeryn? ..What are you doing here..?”, The king whispered and blinked as he was not expecting to see his daughter standing before him. He was under the impression that she would be at the sun’s pearl gateway as all Aeyistieans before her have at this time of day, especially with it being so early into the summer. But seeing her here, away from her appointed station, tells him that something is very wrong.
The Aelyistiean simply caressed the baby’s cheek as she slowed her crying. Then lifting her head to her father with a scared, desperate look in her eyes she opened her mouth to speak, but no sound came. Her father looked into her eyes and placing a gentle hand on her cheek, he pressed an index finger to her temple to make an emotional and mental connection. Upon doing this he immediately saw what she was trying to tell him and why she was so distressed. He staggered back with eyes wide, shaking his head.
“I-It’s returned….?” He said in disbelief as his daughter just nodded, acknowledging her father’s statement.
“We have to….” her voice trailed off then after taking in a breath shakily she spoke once more, “We have to get Aerynyne out of Emelitia… As my daughter and the heir to the sun’s own light, she’ll be the first hunted. Father...” she said as a tear slid down her pale cheek, “Please… she must go to the Earth realm. It’ll be the only safe place for her.. until she is strong and old enough to come back and fight the battle.”
Her father nodded in agreement, though he didn’t like the idea of his grandchild fighting in the war which was about to unfold in the near future. But knowing his daughter was right about the girl, she would be their only hope in case they should lose. The king then raised his scepter and blew on it, causing the colours inside to spin then in effect revealed the chief of the guardian faeryon’s face. As soon as the Faeryon was visible he told of what was to occur and that they needed to get the Princess to the Earth realm. The guardian’s eyes grew wide then assured the king that she, and her fellow guardians would be there momentarily and they would hurry the small princess to earth, finding a suitable home to keep her for the time being.

The Faeryon, whose name was Malyah was there in a blink of an eye along with 8 of her most trusted companions. Though they were tiny as a Melynea flower’s stem, they were able to appear larger if needed. And due to the fact they now had a Celestian baby to escort to a new realm; this ability was needed now more than ever. Malyah grew to the size of what would be a fifteen year old human and outstretched her hands to Fearyn, who slowly handed the small princess to the guardian. After reassuring the royals who stood before them, the Faeryons took off at the speed of imagination towards the Earth Realm’s gateway. This particular gateway lay between the two great trees of Haevunoire’s sacred forest. As they arrived at the trees which appeared to meet in a kiss at their tips, the guardians slowed to a stop. Malyah held the child still, using her telepathy to speak to the other Faeryons.
“ {Stand atop each laeyliod gem which lay hidden among the perimeter of the trees. And as you do, sing the song of the mortals. When this occurs, the portal will open and we must hurry on through before it capsizes on us. Is this understood?} “Malyah finished.
In return to these instructions Malyah’s fellow Faeryons nodded and did as told. And as each took his and her place onto the miniscule laeyliod gems, they opened their mouths in unison and started to sing the song of the mortals which they sang in the language of the Ancients. When they finished this melody a soft chime rang throughout the once quiet forest. From the first Faeryon on the tree’s kissing tips to the ones along the floor, hidden within the tall grass sparkling glimmer ran across the opening. As this occurred, the glimmer soon formed into the vision of a beautiful garden which is obviously the Earth Realm’s gateway. Malyah took her first steps through the swaying image, followed quickly by her fellow guardians. After each Faeryon made it through the gateway, it collapsed instantly with a loud WOOSH.

And so began the search for a home for the young princess as well as the long wait for her to become the strong Aelyistiean needed to come back to Emelitia to defeat the darkness…..