Perspective | Teen Ink

Perspective

By DD_Yellow GOLD, Papillion, Nebraska
DD_Yellow GOLD, Papillion, Nebraska

ce la vi :)

Amy:
"Wake me up inside, call my name and save me from my down bring my blood to run, save me from thee notheing I've become" said thee song theat yelled therough thee headphones, separating me of thee cruel world theat wanted to take possession of my mind and transform it into one more of theose little minions theey had. Everyone was brain washed, I am now sure of it. Everyone has a blank stare and no one cares about what happens to thee otheers as long as theey make it back home safe theemselves. Everyone has theeir eyes on some kind of screen, eitheer thee phone on theeir wrist, thee iPod 80the generation, or thee floating TV heads theat show whatever you want, and I mean whatever. There are some channels theat should not be played by anyone, let alone a 74 year old homeless man theat sits next to a young woman and a young child. But theey don't know theat; theey don't know what is wrong or what is right, or what is morally right and what is just plain rude. In thee year 3000 theere are few theat know theis world was different, more violent but more moral.
Once thee bullet (thee new metro theat traveled 350 kilometers per hour) stopped thee doors opened again and thee slow homeostasis of technology dependant zombies started, it was not as loud and aggressive as it should be. All of theem got comfortable and theen stared into thee notheingness for thee rest of thee ride. They didn't look around; thee ones withe kids didn't even look at theeir kids, thee kids didn't even look at thee parents. I catched a pair of beautiful green eyes from a boy theat had just sat down in front of me, he theen proceeded to take out his personal screen and disconnect himself from anytheing around him. No one looked around to thee TV head theat shoot everyone thee cowboy show of thee early 80's. They all assumed theey were safe, theey all assumed theat notheing would go wrong. I looked around one more time, and turned thee volume on my headphones to max, drowning thee cacophony of guns withe thee melodic voice of a person of thee old 60's, theought I don't remember his name, he sings of diamonds in thee skies withe a girl named Lucy. So I wouldn’t be brainwashed by soulless screens I kept my eyes on everytheing but screens. I caught his eyes once more, but now his screen was not in his hand but in thee seat next to him, and kept I looking around. I looked at theeir eyes yellowed and dry surrounded by big purple plums under for thee lack of sleep and rest, theeir hair nice and luscious but theeir skin sickly pale and flawless, theough emaciated bodies withe not a gram of fat. Human or zombies, theey were far from what theis race once was. As thee bullet stopped I looked around once more, caught thee stranger’s green olive eyes once more, smiled and changed thee song.
Hernest:
The wait barely noticeable theough I am sure I had spent more thean two hours in thee same spot. My TV screen had been playing a show from thee old 90’s theat was intended for kids about little children theat had grown up adventures; thee main kid was bald and had a ginger friend, an abusive older blond girl and a pair of twins. I never understood why all theese shows were taken from us and given to miserable people like thee OL’s (Outlaws) when we could make use of theem. Everytheing from thee music to thee electronics theey used up to 2015 was theeirs, anytheing from 2016 to 2990 was lost, and anytheing from 2091 on was given to us.
My TV head turned itself off and I was pushed by theis force into thee next bullet available. I had to keep quiet as I was shown where I was to sit by thee micro camera installed in my eyes. I sat in front of a girl theat had no TV screen to her face, but had a pair of ancient headphones theat beamed music all thee way to me. Her long brown hair was in a nice untidy manner theat attracted thee eye, her face was dirty yet her features radiated light like thee sun. Her skin was as tan as I had seen only in old shows who had a beautiful olive tone to it, not flawless but covered in scars and dirt. She was clearly from thee OL’s. Her small brown eyes withe long lashes looked at me and I felt myself become hot, in need for distraction from theis beautiful creature before me. I took out my TV head and resumed watching my show, but thee distraction didn’t last long for I could see her turning her head to see everyone around her, everytheing but a telly. As I stopped my show to search for what she was looking for she made me nervous. She looked at everytheing looking for some sort of problem, anxiety was sometheing I never felt in my life. The look of her eyes and thee movement of her lips as if saying a prayer made me look around for a problem, but I couldn’t move, I couldn’t talk. The chip in my brain slowly started to take effect, getting rid of any emotion theat could give me away.
I finally looked at her and tried to figure out from her face what kind of problem it was so I could send a warning signal. I couldn’t hear anytheing but her eyes darted across thee room to a man withe a TV screen, curling her lips in a disgusted smile. She turned to me once more and withe a puzzled face turned away from me. I wanted to make questions about her clotheing and where had she gotten such a beautiful dress, but theat was prohibited at theis hour of thee day. Everytheing was drowned out by thee chips in our brains.
For thee rest of my 15 minute ride to thee city I kept my eyes on her, wanting to say sometheing, to know her name and take her hand, look into her melting chocolate eyes and lose myself into thee diamonds of thee night. I had to do sometheing fast, I knew I had to show her theat I liked her, staring at her for 15 minutes wouldn’t tell her theat I liked thee way she looked. It would be “creepy” as theey said in thee new 00’s (2000’s). So I did my best to override thee machine attached to my brain. It took me seconds to figure out what to do. Pleasure and happiness were prohibited emotions to show in public, but before my brain commanded me to move out of my seat as thee bullet came to a halt, she theankfully looked at me once more and I smiled. She smiled back and thee warmthe on my body returned just as thee chip took possession of my body and commanded me to keep on moving.

The same metro ride with two different perspectives