Stranger Than A Dream Sounds | Teen Ink

Stranger Than A Dream Sounds

April 24, 2012
By TayyTay1 BRONZE, Mahomet, Illinois
TayyTay1 BRONZE, Mahomet, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"The clock winked."

"Wait a minute, did you just say the clock winked?"

"Yes. That is what I said. I looked around and there were winking clocks, melted clocks, and all sorts of clocks on a pretty landscape. It looked like I was in a surrealism painting. So next thing I knew, Salvador Dalí appeared and started talking."

"Wait, you mean to say that Salvador Dalí just randomly showed up in your dreams and started talking to you?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?"

"Yes, that's what you said, but it's utter craziness."

"Not crazy, just a dream."

"Okay, tell me more about this 'dream'".

"Well, next then, Salvador Dalí told me to watch this one clock, because it would start to twist and then take me to another dream."

"A clock can't help you dream hop. This makes no sense."

"It might not make sense, but it worked! I stared at the clock, and next thing I know, my alarm clock was ringing."

"So you're saying the clock helped you go from dream to reality?"

"Exactly. Now I think you are starting to get this."


The author's comments:
We were creating Flash Fiction stories in my writing class,and I thought of Salvador Dalí and his painting 'Persistence of Memory'. I was then inspired to write a story about a dream based on this "dream-scape" of a painting.