Sing us to sleep | Teen Ink

Sing us to sleep

January 15, 2012
By Gemmmy BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
Gemmmy BRONZE, Carlsbad, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I lay on the cold floor, my berating coming out in spastic short puffs before disappearing back into the air in front of me. My joints had long begun to give into the frigid air, slowly freezing over like the world around me. Outside the wind whispered secrets uncomprehendable to my ears, yet amplified by the walls. Slowly I moved my arm to the figure laying across from me. Opening his eyes he looked at me, my reflection showing back. I took another shaking breath and looked back. I felt my fingers interlace with his, as he slowly closed his gray eyes again. A tear ran down my cheek taking the makeup and dirt that had been smeared on my face with it. “I’m sorry” I whispered, soundless sobs escaping my mouth. “I am so, so sorry.” The grip on my hand slackened and the eyes looked back up at me. I moved my mouth as to say something but no words came out. So we laid there hand in hand, until the world grew silent and the cold had sung us to sleep.


The author's comments:
It has no beginning, it might be the end. I'd love to hear your feedback.