The Secret Power That Hurts | Teen Ink

The Secret Power That Hurts

June 30, 2011
By BrittBritt95 PLATINUM, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
BrittBritt95 PLATINUM, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
21 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Writing is not a passion, it is a never ending dream


Vincent was sleeping on a Saturday. Vincent slept until ten o' clock in the morning and got ready for the day. He decided to head over to his girlfriend's house. They sat on the couch watching a movie. The movie made him think of the beach and what it would like to be there with his girlfriend, Claire. He closed his eyes and imagined himself at the beach with his girlfriend. When he opened his eyes there he was sitting on the beach with Claire by his side. He had no idea how he got there, he was speechless. He wondered if he could do it again so he tried a new place. He tried to see himself and his girlfriend back in his home country of Holland. Vincent once again closed his eyes and imagined himself back in his home country with Claire. When he opened his eyes, he was in Holland again with Claire on his side.

She looked at him with surprise and questioned how he was doing this. He did not know how to respond so he shrugged his shoulders. He let go of her and wondered up and down the street and around a corner. There he saw a man. The man approached him and questioned how his day was going and if he was experiencing anything new. Vincent looked at him questioningly and replied my day is fine and every time I close my eyes and imagine myself somewhere I end up there. The stranger nodded knowingly and said it is the one of the many wonders of teleporting and now my friend enjoy it while you have it.

He stood there shocked and speechless. A few moments later his girlfriend arrived and questioned what he was doing. He ignored the questioned and teleported them back to her house. There he told her everything the man had said and just like him she was shocked and speechless. She had no idea how to react or what to say. So she got up and left the house. She loved running. She ran for miles and never once looked back. She had no idea where she was going. She ended up in the park across town. She sat there and cried. She wondered how he could keep this secret from her. Why had he never told her? Did he not trust her or love her like he said did? He had broken the most important promise they had made to each other: no mater what we will always tell each other everything there is to know. She could not stand the idea of him lying to her. It made her wonder how many other times he had lied to her too. She did not know what to do. All she knew was that she could not be with someone who would lie to her.

She ran back to her house. When she got there, she found Vincent sitting on the porch with his eyes closed. She sighed as she found herself in Holland again. He looked at her with sad eyes and apologized. She did not know what to say or do. She began to cry. She thought to herself. How dumb was she to really believe he would lie to her.

Vince stood there. He did not know what to say. He knew she was upset with him, but he could not help this. Vince did not want this in the first place, so how did he get this power in the first place. This had to stay between them. Neither of them could tell anyone.

He pulled her into his arms and held her. Again and again he whispered sorry. I did not want this and I do not know how I got this Claire please forgive me. I love you more than you will ever know. I am so sorry for all those times I was a jerk towards you. Please do not let this come between us.

Claire did not know what to say. She did not want him to have this power anymore. She knew it was going to come in between them sooner or later. Her eyes were filled with sadness as she looked at him again. She whispered I love you too, but I can not stand that you have this power I am so sorry Vincent. Please get rid of it. I know i always said I wanted to travel, but I meant by plane not teleporting.

She pulled away from him and went into a store. He let her go by herself. Vincent walked the streets for a while and he finally found the street that the man had talked to him on earlier. He wanted nothing more to make it back home with Claire and then lose the power. There was no way he was going to let this power come between a three -year -relationship. Not knowing if this man would ever be back or if he was ever going to lose this power, he helplessly wondered around the streets. He had been here time and time again he knew the way around theses streets, so he would not get lost. However, he knew that Claire did not know them so well and should go back to get her. Vince wanted to know what was going on in her head, and what she was thinking.

Vincent knew she hated that he had this power now. When they got back home, would she leave him and never take him back. Would she ever forgive him? Was this going to ruin their relationship once and for all? How would he go on with out her? She was his first girlfriend and she meant everything to him. Vincent knew for a fact that he was in love with her.

Vincent got back to the store where he left her at and found her. He took her hand and took them home. He knew it was what she wanted and so he did it. He would do anything for this girl.

She just watched him leave. She was sad, and she did not want him to leave. Claire was in love with him completely. She did not want to lose him. He was her first boyfriend. She knew could not let this come between them. Claire had watched him leave and now she regretted it. She had to go to him but she did not know if he would be home. He could be anywhere now she thought to herself but it was worth a shot.

Claire went to Vincent's house and up to his room. She found him nowhere in the house when she searched it. She went back to his bedroom and sat on his bed. Claire knew he would back. She wondered if he would stay where he was now or come back home. What if he lost his powers while he was wherever he was? What would happen to him? Would she ever see him again? She began to weep. She needed him more than ever before.

Vincent was in Holland again and he did not know why. It was strange to him. He had no idea why he liked Holland so much and was so fascinated by it. Here he felt alive again. However, he could not stop thinking about Claire. What was she doing? What was she thinking? Did she want this to end? When he eventually went back would she be waiting there to tell him goodbye? Vincent could not handle this power anymore. He wanted it gone the moment he got back. Silently he wondered if there was a lesson behind this. That is it, he exclaimed loudly. All his life he took things for granted. Now somebody was trying to teach him a lesson. He had learned his lesson. He had to see Claire again he could not stay away any longer. He closed his eyes and went home.