The Rainbow Worlds (First Paragraphs)

Hello and welcome to my world, my name is Kieran Tetherell and I am studying at Oxford University for my undergraduate Master of Physics degree. Life as a student can be stressful; having to turn up for endless lectures, piles of coursework, worrying about getting a job so you don’t have to survive on loans from parents and student allowance whilst trying to have a life in your free time. I’m not going to bore you with a lengthy introduction of myself so lets get on with the story.

I slowly moved the pads of my fingers over the water creating slow expanding ripples as I knelt by the small pond. I was hypnotized by the way the water was so pure it had a mirroring effect, which made it glimmer beautifully under the sun. I slowly lowered my hand into the water feeling for anything underneath but there was nothing. Slowly I lost control, my whole right arm was under and my left soon followed. I closed my eyes as my face made contact with the warm pure water.

When I opened my eyes again I was underwater in a sea. The water was just as pure and warm but I felt like I was in a completely different world than the one I had come through from. Without thinking I opened my mouth to breathe and panicked until I realized I was breathing. But with each breath the air I was breathing was much more pure than the other world’s air. I suddenly began realizing more odd things about the scenario. I was dry even though I was in water. I could see even clear than before. I was beginning to forget my home world. I was free from everything tying me down. In this world I could forget about everything wrong with my life; this world was perfect.

I began to swim slowly admiring the sights around me. There was white cliffs lining the sea’s edge which although far away I could see them clearly, thanks to the beautiful pure water. I could see in the distance, out of one of these caves, came a fish. As it came closer I noticed its features; vibrant colours of the rainbow streamed along its scales, its eyes were bright red rubies and it had a glowing aura surrounding its body. The rainbow fish swam around me spinning in a dance then continued off in front of me gesturing me to follow with it’s fins.