Stranger than Fiction? | Teen Ink

Stranger than Fiction?

“If you’re a Jesus Freak raise your hands and say Amen!” Johnny called out to the youth group.

“Amen!” They all yelled back.

Joseph put his hands in the air and felt the bass of the drums fill the air. He sang along to his favorite song by Toby Mac that the band was playing, ‘The Slam’. It is Saturday night; the second day of the youth retreat, and Joseph could not get enough of the intensity. Ever since the youth arrived in the Tennessee Mountains early yesterday afternoon, they had been learning and praising the Lord.

“Miracles will happen tonight guys! I can promise you that”, said the band leader into the microphone. Strobe lights filled Joseph’s vision as he tried to focus in on the surroundings. He jumped up and down and continued to pray and sing. “Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes, Lord…” Gosh, I love this song, he thought. It was already outrageously loud in the huge auditorium, however, there was a commotion going on at the front right section in the seats. Obviously the band leader had noticed also because he jumped off of the side of the stage and ran over to the site of the excitement.

“What’s going on over there?” Joseph shouted to his youth leader Johnny.

“I have no idea man, but”, and the band leader cut him off as he climbed back on stage, this time with another boy.

“Alright guys, this young man needs some prayer. He was injured as a little kid and had both of his hands amputated. I don’t know about you but I believe that Jesus Christ can heal this man, what do you think?!” The band leader yelled once more into the microphone, and the crowd answered with roars of Amen’s and Yes’s. Immediately, the drummer ended the other song and did a short solo to flow the beat into the next melody. A slower, but even more powerful and moving song came on, Saviour King by Hillsong.

“Oh my goodness, this is Joe’s favorite song!” Squealed Joseph’s best girl friend Sarah. As Joseph nodded to agree, he let the soft beat and beautiful lyrics fill his head and the Holy Spirit fill his body. Please heal this man Lord. Please help him Lord. If it is in your will tonight, let us witness a miracle Lord, pleaded Joseph. People began walking up the isles, crowding towards the front of the auditorium. Many men and women and teenagers placed their hands on the boy and people lined up behind those people and placed their hands on them. Joseph’s youth group filed out of the row and walked down and Joe placed his hand on his good friend Sarah’s shoulder and onto another older woman in front of them. They all continued to pray and the band leader urged everyone on even more so.

After a few minutes, the boy on stage with small nubs at his wrists where his hands should be began jumping up and down and a grin filling up his whole face. Astonishment quickly filled the room and Joseph stared up in awe, not knowing what to think or say. He didn’t dare quit praying; he just kept his eyes open and focused on the boy’s wrists slowly growing into a hand. It was moving in slow motion, but just fast enough that the growth could be noticed by the human eye. It did not look “normal” or amazing, but it was bigger and even smaller bulges began forming where fingers should be. People now had out cameras, IPhones, Smart Phones, etc., taking record of this amazing phenomenon.
Joseph was already a huge Christian and dug deep into God’s word each and every day; but this just solidified every possible ounce of his being that questioned what he had ever learned in Sunday school ever since he was a child. It was literally a miracle and Joseph knew that he was one of the luckiest people in the world at this moment in time. Miracles still happened every day and this young man was a first-hand example for that. It is all real, and no one could ever tell him different for the rest of his life.

This is not a completely true story but based on true events.

TheGoodTwin said...
TheGoodTwin, Fort Mill, South Carolina

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.

--Shakespeare

O MY GOODNESS. thank you Lord Jesus Christ! that sounds amazing. wish