Do we learn? | Teen Ink

Do we learn?

By CommandeerPickles BRONZE, Deerfield, Wisconsin
CommandeerPickles BRONZE, Deerfield, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

A cold winter day. That was what it was to me. Of course it wasn't a couple weeks later. I can't tell you exactly how long it's been since that day, but I can tell you one thing. The story.
That's all that it really is anymore. A story, a legend, a myth, something to look back on and learn from. But we all know the cliche of history repeating itself, so will we really learn from our mistakes? I guess other will find out as history progresses.
Now I shall start that story, or whatever you choose to call it. It would be useless to tell you the position I'm in currently without the rest of the tale.
Many people thought 2012 to be a joke. I always heard things like "Oh, the Mayans just ran out of rocks!" and "We've been through many 'apocalypses' already. This one will be just as fake." They were wrong.
Yes, of course the destruction took a couple weeks to spread, but it did initially start on that given date. Somewhere in South America I believe.
This is my story of the Zombie Apocalypse.

We were supposed to write a short beginning on a story for my English class. I choose something about zombies since I've been playing too much Left 4 Dead lately.