Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By FrostbiteMark SILVER, Lake Oswego, Oregon
FrostbiteMark SILVER, Lake Oswego, Oregon

You know the shows on TV?
I don't watch TV.
Yeah, but you are aware that there is an invention called television. And, on this invention they show shows, right?
Did you see the size of that gun he fired at us? It was bigger than him.

A booming sound off to the distance. Cop car's wailing down the street and up the hill. Getting up I immediately run out of the house and on to the streets, hoping to see what has happened. Heading to the hill I see my friend telling me

“Go back home your getting in the way of the officers we'll see the meteor tomorrow.” I quickly headed back home seeing mother at the doorstep.

'Where did you go? This late you should already be in bed! And why are you still in your pajamas? You know what just go to bed we'll talk about it tomorrow.”

Next morning I awoke. Changing into my clothes I headed back to the meteor. At the very top of the hill you see the entire town. But you could also see the meteor still burning glowing as if it was radioactive. I grabbed a stick on the ground poking the meteor once or twice may be even twenty times. Nothing happened I poked it once more. There must have been some delay I knew something must happen.

An eerie sound from the sky immediately dropped to the ground like a insect swapped from the air. There was a giant machine in the middle of town. Not thinking much about it I kept on poking the meteor. About half an hour later someone walked up to me but it was more like something. Trying to run from it. It picked me up without even touching me. It had the shape of a human but had a metal like skin. Bringing me to the machine that fell in town I noticed it was floating. It didn't show even much effort to try and hold me up and float.

Passing my friends house I saw him snickering at me through the window. How could this happen to me and why me? Upon reaching the machine I noticed these strange markings that just looked like an oversize E placed in different ways. It was obviously leaving this planet with me as well. I knew if I wanted to leave whatever is stored for me I'll have to get out of the ship before it lands.

When I was planning my escape I noticed a red knob. That's definitely the escape mechanism. But how do I get out of this grip? If I throw something out it'll probably just bounce back. Grabbing on to the buttons all round the ship I headed over to the thing that had brought me here. I thought punching it would stun it long enough for me to escape. Punching the alien I dropped to the ground. I bolted for the red switch I pulled it. A hatch opened up. I got inside pressing every button I can hopefully finding a release button. The alien then picked me up again I pushed the button right on top of me . The hatch closed and I felt a thrusting force. Now my only problem left is how do I get back home.