The Fable of Tinkertom and Tinkerramen | Teen Ink

The Fable of Tinkertom and Tinkerramen

“I just know this will be a glorious day!” exclaimed Tinkerramen. He and his best pal, Tinkertom, were going to visit the girl fairies that spring day. The sun reflected off the water of Round Lake, causing it to sparkle beautifully.

“Oh my tumbling-toadstools!” Tinkertom flew briskly to a log floating on the water, covered in purple Log-Poppets. Both began searching for the most beautiful of the flowers to give the ladies.

“Tinkerramen, did you know these flowers grow only on logs afloat in the cleanest waters! Aren’t we lucky to live on Round Lake!”

Then both sets of eyes stopped upon a freshly sprouted Poppet that proved to be far prettier than the others. It’s petals more purple, it’s stem much straighter, and it’s scent like nothing they ever smelt.

The two pushed and shoved playfully to get to the lovely flower first. In all the hassle, Tinkerramen, the smaller of the two, lost his balance and toppled off the log. Splash! For a moment the only sign of the fairy were ripples, dancing outwards from the place he fell. Then a tiny head popped up and musical laughter came from it. The pals chuckled for a whole three minutes, as they patted each other on the backs. The wet fairy shook twinkling droplets of water from his two delicate wings.

Tinkerramen smiled widely, “This will, for sure, be the best day ever!”

Then, suddenly, a giant bullfrog, covered in warts, hopped from the water onto the log, grabbed Tinkerramen, and disappeared back into the lake’s water, never to be seen again. For a moment
Tinkertom did not know what to do. Then he shrugged, and said: “Well, it will be the best day ever for ME, anyhow,” then plucked the purple Log-Poppet, and flew across to visit the girls.

To this very day, if you look close enough at the logs floating in Round Lake’s waters, you just might see some Log-Poppets.

Tongue_Blep PLATINUM, ????, Ohio
Cute story!Great job! I loved it! I just posted a couple of stories. Could you check them out? Just click user name and click one of my my stories. Thanks! and keep writing! :)(: