Lost World | Teen Ink

Lost World

By katmcc123 BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois
katmcc123 BRONZE, Park Ridge, Illinois

Dear Diary:           May 8, 4011

I'm here now, but I wont stay here for long. I know I will be leaving soon because The Instructor says we are ready. I am much better than the rest in my Corp: more intelligent and an immediate thinker. The Instructor says that's what we need to survive in times like these. Today my corp is setting out in search of our assigned life form. We know little about it; however, we know It has been lost for millennium. We also know that if we are lucky enough to find it, our hope for a better world may be consummated. I am smart, but I do not understand what The Instructor means by 'times like these', were times ever different? I have heard stories of course... Of a time where the waves of the waters reflected blue off the sky, and the earth was painted rainbow with plants and flowers and life. They tell of creatures unlike us in ways we can not even imagine, creatures that walk on four limbs, or even creatures who travel through the skies! There are always many more of us in these stories. And in tales such as these, the life form we are looking for comes in great abundance. So great, in fact that it was never looked upon as anything more than a common annoyance. In stories I hear of people like us; only, in these stories the people are different. They don't look different or speak differently, but their actions are different. They take their world and its beauty for granted, and often forget that it is their home... But of course, these are only stories. My Corp will set out today in hope of finding the Dandelion, We will travel together and pray it exists. If we find this lost plant, our civilization will be one step closer to building a better world.

AnimeLover1 said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 1:49 pm
AnimeLover1, Dexter, Michigan

Laziness is just the habit of resting before you get tired.

This would make a good book if you expanded the idea. It kind of confused me though.

on Jan. 20 2011 at 5:20 pm
carilloony GOLD, Sterling, Virginia

"To love another person is to see the face of God."

I could definitely see this being a topic of a book!! It's also a really good message to everyone to keep our earth healthy and understand it has limitations just as we do.