The Beginning | Teen Ink

The Beginning

January 4, 2011
By Anonymous

Seth Pierce – average 16 year old boy – is on a class field trip to the city’s biochemical electrical plant. Being aloof as most boy his age, he wanted to explore the plant by himself rather than walking around with the group listening to an operator giving an excruciatingly boring lecture about the plant. Along his way through the plant, he had to elude other plant operators. Soon he found himself in a restricted part of the plant.

“Now this is where all the interesting stuff is,” he chuckled silently to himself as he stepped into a ring of electrical spires. Suddenly the air around started to spark with electrical currents. Feeling the hair on his body start to stand on end, he panicked and tried to run back the way he came, only to be thwarted by immense iron gates that must have risen from the floor.

Seth let out gut-wrenching scream of agony and intense pain. As the biochemically enhanced electrical surge coursed through his body, Seth’s DNA merged with biochemical electricity mutating his DNA structure. As quickly as it had began it ended. Feeling his body surging with energy, Seth ran without really thinking about it and found himself by a lake in mere seconds. As he gazed at his reflection he noticed many differences. His hair was spiked and platinum colored, where it had been straight and brown before. His green eyes were now yellow. He had tear like marks streaking down his face to his chin. He jumped back from the water in surprise. How had this happened to him? He crept back toward the water’s edge and peered at his reflection again. This time though, he felt himself weaken and his hair and eyes faded back to their original colors. After the transformation was completed he became unconscious.