Little Blue House | Teen Ink

Little Blue House

By alexis1997 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
alexis1997 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

It was a cold, windy, January night in the country, and the whiteness of the moon, lit up the charcoal grey sky. The wind howled and echoed through the night. Treetops glowed, under the beautiful reflection of the moon. Shapes of the mountains reflected, like huge waves of the ocean. A little blue house, sat on the corner, where a little old woman name Anne lived. Her tiny silhouette was showing through her deep red curtains.

Listening to Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, and reading Something Wicked This Way Comes, there she sat. Little did she know someone was watching her every move. The outside silenced, and the charcoal grey sky turned to pitch black. A tree scratched against her window, like the sound of fingernails running down a chalkboard. She suddenly started to panic. Her stomach twisted and turned. She was frozen in fear.

She slowly stood up, walking towards her door. There were so many thoughts running through her mind.
"Is someone out there?" Do I know them?" Will they harm me?”

She was deathly afraid to look out the little window in her door.
As soon as she looked out………a loud bang. She hurried over towards the stairs and noticed the window had been shot. She franticly picked up her phone to dial the police. As soon as she did, a loud knocking sound echoed throughout her whole house. She didn’t want to answer the door in case it was someone there to hurt her. What should she do?

Aside of how much she had already encountered, she still had Anne no clue what to do. She decided to try to relax, in spite of how afraid she was. As time passed, everything seemed as normal as can be. She calmed down, and thought that she had just over reacted, She turned her music back on and continued reading her book.

“Everything is back to normal,” spoke Anne.

She sighed in relief.

It became later and later, so Anne got ready for bed. She fell asleep not worried anymore. During the night while Anne was sleeping, something very bad was going on. A mysterious person had snuck into her house. A loud crash shook her whole house. She woke up, and feared for the worse. She quietly snuck downstairs, and heard someone walking around. A person in a dark long coat and a black mask stood in the entry of her kitchen. She screamed at the top of her lungs.

The person standing in her house in the long dark coat pulled something out of their pocket. Her heart started racing.
“Who are you? What do you want,” shouted Anne.
They said absolutely nothing. They crept closer and closer until a……………SCREAM!!! It echoed through the silent night, like a pack of coyotes howling. She had just been shot in her side and this man wondered if anyone heard.

“Will someone find out its me?” mumbled this man

They quickly ran outside and there stood Anne’s son. He is a 6 foot 5 inch 300 pound man, named Jeff.

“Who do you think you are?” “What do you think you are doing?” Jeff exclaimed.

Jeff pulled out a gun and shot the man that had shot his mother a few minutes before.

Jeff screamed, “ You deserve this punishment.” “I don’t care who you are, you don’t hurt my mother,”

CRASH!!! His head cracked against the pavement. He moaned as his blood started to surround his body. Jeff ran inside to get his mother Anne. She lay there in pain.

HELP! HELP! My mom has just been shot. Jeff was so confused after what had happened, that he forgot no one could probably hear him. He picked up his cell phone and called the police.

Police: ”911 what’s your emergency?”

Jeff: ”HELP! My mom has just been shot!!!

Police: “is she breathing?”

Jeff: “Yes she’s breathing. But she bleeding a lot!”

Police: “Ok Sir. What’s the address?”

Jeff: “It’s 114 Center Street.”

Police: “I’m sending an ambulance out.”

Jeff: “Thanks so much for your help>

Police: “You’re welcome. Good luck with your mother.”

Anne was rushed out to the hospital, and Jeff stayed right by her side. In the meantime, the police were arresting the man who shot poor little Anne. They removed his mask and to their dismay, it was the man Anne was married to for 40 years. His name was George.

About six months earlier, Anne and her husband got a divorce. She had found out he had cheated on her. The police were shocked to see him, and the fact that they seemed so happy together a few months before.

The police stood there with there faces turning red with anger and you could almost see the steam coming out of their ears.

“I thought you loved her,” The one police officer remarked. “I do love her, screamed George.” “If you loved her, why would you shoot her?” “If I can’t have her, nobody can.”

The police whisked George away in handcuffs and drove him down to the police station. The one police officer called Jeff to tell him the news.

“You will never guess who shot your mother, the officer stated” “Who! Who! Replied Jeff. “George,” the officer remarked. “WHAT!!!!!!!!!! How could he” Exclaimed Jeff. “I thought the same thing,” the officer stated.

How could a man that was married to Anne, and claimed to love her, shoot her? George was probably the most selfish man alive.

In the meantime, while the officers were looking over the crime scene, George was slowly dying. Little did the police officers know, the bullet that Jeff shot George with, was giving him internal bleeding.

“Help me. I’m in so much pain,” groaned George. “We will send out an ambulance right away,” One of the offices replied.

On George’s way to the hospital, he rapidly went downhill. It was a matter of minutes, and George was dead. One of the police officers called Jeff to tell him what happened. One part of Jeff was excited. But another part of him felt kind of bad for him. Jeff didn’t want to kill him. He just wanted him to learn his lesson.

“Ahhhhhhh,” well that’s a big sigh of relief, mumbled Anne. “Same here,” Jeff stated.

The doctor came in to see how Anne was doing. He explained that she needed to have the bullet removed ASAP. He said that the bullet was just lodged just under her skin. As she was having the bullet removed, Jeff kept pacing back and fourth looking at the clock as each second passed. Every second felt like a lifetime. The ticking of the clock was like a knife through his head. As soon as Anne came out of the operating room, Jeff happier than ever.

“Mom how are you feeling?”

“I’m ok. My side hurts, but other than that, I feel fine.

“Oh. I feel so much better now, knowing that you are ok. I got worried there for a second.”

The doctor came in to check up on Anne. He was surprised at how much she was healing in such a short amount of time.

“I think you will be absolutely fine,” the doctor happily said.
“When will I be able to go home?”

“As soon as I get you discharge papers.”

A smile lit up Anne’s face. She was so ready to get back home and relax. She thought that she would start a happier book when she got back home. She felt that the book she was reading had something to do with her being shot.
“Hmmmm????? Maybe?” Jeff remarked. Laughing at the thought of a book cursing his mother.
A few minutes passed, and she was walking out of the hospital doors. She was so relieved to have survived the gunshot and so was her son, Jeff.