Silver Moon Prolouge | Teen Ink

Silver Moon Prolouge

By Reptilian-Angel SILVER, Partlow, Virginia
Reptilian-Angel SILVER, Partlow, Virginia

What Goes On?

Tiger, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah and Panther. These were the four feral clans that had co-existed with each other peacefully. They together were a great colony, defending the world and the creatures born in it.

But out of all the clans, there was one that was the mightiest; the Panther Clan. The clan struck their enemies hard and faded without a trace into the blackness of night. They were more quicker and smarter then the Leopard Clan, more stronger and nobler then the Lion Clan, more fiercer and stealthier then the Tiger Clan and more clever and more beautiful than the Leopard Clan. All animals considered them the gods among all cats. From the highest of Ferals to the lowest of domestic felines.

The Leopard Clan slowly grew more and more envious of the high Clan until the jealous rage was brought out into an entire civil war. In the beginning the Leopard Clan merely taunted the high Panther Clan but it slowly grew into battles of wit, then brawn against brawn brawls and finally, when a Leopard Clan solider accidentally shot and killed a Panther Clan mother and unborn kit with a poison arrow, that pulled the world to war like a trigger to a gun.

Once brothers and sisters in arms, the five clans fought against each other in a storm-fire of fury unlike anything the world had ever seen before. Fear, sorrow, desperation, anger, betrayal, sadness, regret and vengeance were the words of this war. Many lives were lost. Soldiers each needlessly died horrible and agonizing deaths. Villages fell in flames. Battlefields were draped with corpses and blood. The last bits of defeated armies were taken into slavery. Hope and faith had become empty words. All had seemed lost.

Finally after nearly a hundred years of battle and despair, one feline rose up from the ashes of poverty and, with a small legion of warriors by his side, put an end to the hideous war. But when the world felt as though they needed the great warrior again, he vanished without a trace, along with mighty Panther Clan.
Fearful that the four remaining Clans would turn against each other again, the four leaders of each Clan were each given a piece of territory out of the four corners of the earth to rule. The Tiger Clan was given the Southeast islands, the Lion Clan was given the Northwest islands, the Leopard Clan was given the Northeast islands and the Cheetah Clan was given the Southwest islands. Once that was done the boundaries were made and the rules were set for each clan. Different animals chose which Clan to live and if the time ever came again, to fight alongside with.

The peace that once held the mighty Feline colony together was shattered. Never again capable of once again being bound. Since this great tragedy, one could only wonder. Would another warrior ever appear again to restore the order? Or would an enemy far greater than before destroy the peace that was possibly close to being rebuild?

I basically began to write this after being inspired by "Warriors" by Erin Hunter. I also love cats, they're like one of my favorite animals.

on Nov. 30 2010 at 7:41 am

What Goes On?

1. yes, they are anthro characters and thank you.

And 2. I know how you feel. I don't get why people write with anthros in their stories, it makes it much more interesting!

on Nov. 30 2010 at 7:25 am
DindellaAmagu SILVER, Ruther Glen, Virginia

"Life is a painting."

Ooohh!! Very nice!

These are anthro characters, right? Very cool. I don't get a chance to read a lot of stories with those in them.