Beautiful Darkness | Teen Ink

Beautiful Darkness

By TiaraB BRONZE, New York, New York
TiaraB BRONZE, New York, New York

Will they hate me for all the choices I made?

You gasped underneath the dark water. “Help!” you screamed panic and fear flowing clearly through your voice. I was stuck. Unable to walk of run. Your eyes were fading and your skin turning pale. I screamed after your head went under. I was stuck I leaped to the edge. Why. I had done nothing wrong my whole life. What about those shallow popular kids at school. Why not them. Tears streamed down my eyes and made a salty trail into my small parted lips. I had to do something. I stripped down to I was just in my faded gray skinny jeans, black vans, and Eiffel tower white t-shirt. I grabbed my hoodie and tied it around my waist. I did the stupidest thing ever. I jumped in after you. It was all I could do…

I also wrote the peice Lack of Color and want to know if you guys want me to try to turn these two short stories into anything. Just add a comment please, and tell me yes and no an what you liked.

TiaraB BRONZE said...
TiaraB BRONZE, New York, New York

thanks, ill write a continuation in 3rd person soon

blackmist BRONZE, Houston, Texas
I think you should write it in 3rd person, not first person... or maybe have the person drowning be a character's friend? The lack of question marks when there was supposed to be a question bothers me. Good work though!