burn | Teen Ink

burn

The sky grew dark. Everything around died and decayed. Birds fell of the power lines dead as a door nail. The leaves on trees turned from green to brown and fell onto the ground. Houses lost their color and decayed. The grass all around me turned a tan. Cars rusted instantly where they sit. Cracks grew in the street. Everything went quiet. The only thing I could hear was the howling of the wind. Dried up dead leaves flew in the wind scraping against the cracked and worn pavement of the street. It felt like an oven. All the houses around me caught. I was in disbelief I thought I was dreaming, but then everything was on fire. I quickly jumped of the burning grass where I was standing and on to the cracked pavement. A car across the street exploded. The explosion knocked me down. A cloud of fire rose up into the smoke filled sky. The sun was blackened out by the smoke. The only light came from the burning cities, forests and houses. The temperature was still increasing. The pavement got so hot that it started to melt my shoes. I had to move, but where everything was either on fire or boiling hot. My entire body was covered in sweat it was like I just got out of the shower. I started running. But I couldn’t move, my feet were melted to the ground. My shoes were boiling. The air was so hot that my skin started to burn. Everything on me was turning red like a burn but there was no fire on me. It started at my feet and rose to my head. I yelled for help but no one could here me no one came running to save me. Everything was so hot I couldn’t bare it. I longed for a bath tub filled with ice. My shoes caught on fire and then my legs followed by my chest, arms and head. I burned to death.